Thread: Sig Delivers NGSW to US Army!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig Delivers NGSW to US Army!!

Not sure where to post this, but Sig has issued a press release marking the delivery of their NGSW submission to the US Army. There is a great, must watch video attached to the article: https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...s-to-u-s-army/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I just hope they offer all of these items to civilians, especially the suppressor designs.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That seems like such a badass belt-fed.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I think the NGSW is the only one that has a chance. There's no way in hell that the Army adopts that 6.8 magnum rifle cartridge to replace the 5.56.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I think the NGSW is the only one that has a chance. There's no way in hell that the Army adopts that 6.8 magnum rifle cartridge to replace the 5.56.
    Isn't the entire SIG NGSW submission built around the SIG 6.8 cartridge? The SIG Cross bolt action is also being released in .277 Fury, which is the civilian version of the .MIL 6.8 NGSW round. It seems like SIG is all-in on their new cartridge and case design.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Isn't the entire SIG NGSW submission built around the SIG 6.8 cartridge? The SIG Cross bolt action is also being released in .277 Fury, which is the civilian version of the .MIL 6.8 NGSW round. It seems like SIG is all-in on their new cartridge and case design.
    I just don't see them adopting a round with 80,000 psi as a general issue round.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Hmm I didnt know Sig belt feds had any commonality with the AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Hmm I didnt know Sig belt feds had any commonality with the AR-15.
    I was talking about their whole Next Gen 6.8 assault rifle which is supposed to use the same .277 Fury round.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    FYI, that’s not an AR. Moved.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons