Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two days in the Las Vegas area...

Feedback Score

Two days in the Las Vegas area...

So, right off the bat: I realize Front Sight isn’t the most high-speed cutting edge firearms training in the world.

However, I can take their classes for free... and my department counts them as annual training hours... so I try to take one or two every year.

In a few months I’ll be attending two four day courses on consecutive weekends. The first is actually a night course... so in between the two I’ll have a Tuesday that I’m recovering, and a Wednesday and a Thursday with nothing to do.

I’ll be alone, but I’m not a big drinker, gambler or tiddy bar type... more the spa day type.

So what would you do if you were me?

I know there are some track day opportunities.... recommendations?

Anything else?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I got a suuuuper cheap AirBnB at Lake Las Vegas in Henderson over the summer for a week. Great pool to sit in if the weathers going to be decent, overlooking the lake.

https://gunshiphelicopters.com/

Feedback Score
    If you’re outdoorsy at all, Red Rock Canyon west of town is pretty scenic.
    Valley of Fire State Park North of town an hour or so is also nice.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hiking and sightseeing in the surrounding desert.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Battlefield Vegas! There is a big thread on TOS. The owner is a good dude. Shoot some machine guns

https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/

Feedback Score
    If you go out hiking/desert you could see if any places have electric fat tire bikes to rent. You can get in 30 miles easy on those in a trip

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Battlefield Vegas! There is a big thread on TOS. The owner is a good dude. Shoot some machine guns

https://www.battlefieldvegas.com/
    Yup. THat was the highlight of my last trip to Vegas. Got to shoot the MP7, and G36. Hell of a time, awesome place.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I envy you I love it out at Front Sight I need to get back out there.

Feedback Score
    Well, the Ventitian is cheaper than the Holiday Inn in Pharump... so I'll probably just hang out, hydrate to get ready for 4 days in the Nevada summer sun and eat some good food.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    I just realized this is from April but for some reason it came up as a new thread on Tapatalk.

If you want to do something on a night off the Blue Man Group is a fun show to watch at the Luxor hotel.
    I've never seen them in Vegas but from what I've heard, it's bigger and better than the other shows like Boston and Chicago.

https://luxor.mgmresorts.com/en/ente...man-group.html

I hear the Hoover Dam is pretty amazing to see but I don't know how long of a drive it is and if it's a Griswold moment where you get out there, say it's cool and get back on the road.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omegajb; 08-24-21 at 03:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast