Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Take An Extra Upper Or Complete Rifle To Class

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tellum View Post
    got a lot of faith in your gun, doncha? All I've ever done is use 12 squirts of WD 40 into the gun before shooting and I"ve never once had a problem with an AR. I've owned half a dozen of them, half of them Colts.
    How much did your rifles cost? How much did the Space Shuttle cost? Seen that bitch turn into a bottle rocket.....TWICE...You do you, Im taking a spare rifle.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tellum View Post
    got a lot of faith in your gun, doncha? All I've ever done is use 12 squirts of WD 40 into the gun before shooting and I"ve never once had a problem with an AR. I've owned half a dozen of them, half of them Colts.
    Twelve Squirts.JPG
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I too am in the belief that you must take the whole spare rifle. At a training class out of state a couple of years ago I thought I'd save weight by taking just my upper as a spare. Well, when my rifle had some problems during class I was able to switch out parts and get it running again and didn't need the spare upper. BUT, in my haste to pack I didn't realize that my 20" barrel upper would not work well on my 16" optimized lowe. Meaning the buffer spring and buffer would need replacing on the lower for proper cycling.

Just switching rifles would have been much easier and quicker! Lesson learned!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I always take a minimum of two rifles with me to classes, usually more plus spare parts. Training is an investment in time and money, I’m not going to gamble on a lone rifle going down after going through the effort to make to a class.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bring an extra rifle as well as spare parts. Once I lent out a sling, another time I replaced an extractor for another student. You never know, classes are expensive, sometimes require you to take days off and or get hotel rooms. It would be terrible if you can't continue because some stupid part broke.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Originally Posted by tellum
    WTF? I've seen Colts go TU in Iraq more than once. Anything can break. You're spending probably thousands of dollars to attend a course... travel, ammo purchase, time off, whatever... but you're only going to bring one gun?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    I went up to a class recently and one of the guys had a malfunctioning safety. He had no back-up but even if he brought an upper only he still would have been out of luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234