Thread: CAP sights for Glock

Feedback Score

CAP sights for Glock

How durable is the paint on front sight of the CAP sight. Have new Gen 5 G-17 that I am considering new sights for.
    Any feedback on CAP sight or any other. Might be ok with white dot sight also. Thanks for any feedback.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I don’t have experience with the CAP sights, however if the paint they use on the CAP is the same as the Bold, you’re not going to have any issues with them.

We have a couple Glocks with the Bold sights with a few thousand through each and many cleanings and general wipe downs. Haven’t notice any difference in the paint. They essentially look brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    How durable is the paint on front sight of the CAP sight. Have new Gen 5 G-17 that I am considering new sights for.
    Any feedback on CAP sight or any other. Might be ok with white dot sight also. Thanks for any feedback.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the yellow CAP sight on my G17 4th Gen..over 3 yrs with no issues from cleaning.

I switched out the rear sight for a serrated Hackathorn blackened one as I couldn't get use to the CAP rear sight.

Some feedback I received was the yellow sight works better in your neck of the woods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have run CAP sights on several Glocks for years now, several years. They look as new today as the day they were installed.
    Ive posted several times here about them- I love the photolumenescent ones, not the orange. The green ones.
    Hit them with a light for a couple of seconds and they POP at night. I have three Glocks currently with them. Getting them soon for my Shield.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Yea I think I prefer the green/yellow. Seem like they would really pop for my 53 year old eyes.

Feedback Score
    I have been using yellow XS DXT2 sights. I like them a lot on a carry gun.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    Yea I think I prefer the green/yellow. Seem like they would really pop for my 53 year old eyes.
    I have several sets of CAP sights. When I got my 43 I decided to try the yellow set for the 1st time. They are very good, but I found I like the orange better. Just my opinion though.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.