Thread: Shoulder rig? Or switch to belt? (Complicated question)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Shoulder rig? Or switch to belt? (Complicated question)

I’m semi-retired but travel a lot for the work I still do - all of it driving.

Long ago I had an Alessi shoulder holster for the 1911 I carried, and that was quite comfortable driving and CCW. But I’m told Lou is no longer with us and the company isn’t the same.

These days I keep a Glock 19 handy wherever I go but I have no holster for it. Does anyone make a solid yet comfortable shoulder holster? I’m kind of used to practicing with that set-up.

Complicating things for you somewhat, I’d like to have some means of carrying an AR mag or two on me, as I’m taking my AR pistol along when I go out of state these days. I was thinking I needed to do what you guys do and go to IWB or OWB carry, with a belt that can hold AR mags, though I haven’t trained that way much.

I often wear heavy shirts and light jackets when it’s cool and prefer to go low profile for my age and lifestyle. If I could carry an AR mag or two along with my G19 + a mag or two, I think it’s enough. I’ve been sifting the M4C archives and it seems there are a lot of great belts out there, but it’s hard to know where to start without spending the money, first, to figure out what I like. That adds up quick.

Any and all suggestions very gratefully appreciated.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I’m using a Carbon Tactics EDC belt with a G19. It’s pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    I’m using a Carbon Tactics EDC belt with a G19. It’s pretty great.

Single layer, or double? That has the TI hook buckle, right?
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Kirkpatrick makes a comfortable shoulder rig for Glocks.
    https://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/p...ulder-holster/

For carrying AR mags 5.11 flex defender pants have pockets for AR magazines behind each hip and is about as low profile as you can get.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Single layer, or double? That has the TI hook buckle, right?
    Biothane. Yes, it has the hook.

Feedback Score
    Survival Sheath makes great holsters, Robert has some bad reviews on line so I was afraid to order a new holster from him. I wanted a holster for my CZ P07/09 with a streamlight TLR1 attached. It took him 5 weeks to make it, and it is great.

Feedback Score
    Look into Arktis covert gear, e.g.,

http://www.arktisusa.com/index.php/products/m674/

May be other Older versions out there- with varying covert levels - think eBay has their products here in the US-

I have one of their older LBV, it’s good kit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks very much for replies, links, and excellent information, Gentlemen - I very much appreciate the benefit of your expertise.