Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt Damage.

Feedback Score
    I'd just replace the bolt with a BCM bolt and be done with it. How is the carrier holding up?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP- Any updates from the manufacturer?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    OP- Any updates from the manufacturer?
    I actually did talk with someone this past Friday.

I informed them of the issue, and was told that they did have a run of bolts a few runs back (around the time I purchased this one) that had a coating issue. It was supposedly the only run they did with this new coating, and they ended up changing the coating again after that run due to issues with flaking.

During our conversation I mentioned the apparent peening of the metal on the front and rear of the lugs, and stated that they metal itself seemed deformed to the point that the bolt had burs that could be physically felt. I was told that if it was simply a coating issue, then there shouldn't be any metal deformation. The person I was speaking with sounded surprised about the issue, and explained that the material they use on their bolts is hard enough that the only logical cause would be a bad heat treat. He asked if I could send them pictures via email. I sent them the same pictures I posted here, but I have yet to hear back after sending the pictures.

I am going to try calling them again today when I get a chance. Maybe my email didn't go through or ended up in a junk/spam folder, not sure. They seemed interested in solving the issue over the phone, so I'm optimistic.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Definitely not just a coating issue.

Feedback Score
    Any update?

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Unfortunately, no.

The person that I originally talked to about the issue has yet to get back with me. I talked with them about it and sent them an email at their request with pictures on 06/04 and never received a response. After waiting a few days I called their customer support again and was told the gentleman I needed to talk to was busy and that I could leave a message and he'd call me back. That was on 06/10.

I wish I had an update for you guys. Hopefully soon.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Unfortunately, no.

The person that I originally talked to about the issue has yet to get back with me. I talked with them about it and sent them an email at their request with pictures on 06/04 and never received a response. After waiting a few days I called their customer support again and was told the gentleman I needed to talk to was busy and that I could leave a message and he'd call me back. That was on 06/10.

I wish I had an update for you guys. Hopefully soon.

Same problem I've had with them. I had to constantly hound them via email/phone calls. They eventually made it right but it took well over a month for the issues to be resolved. If you're a civilian you'll be put on the back burner as mil. orders take precedence(from the horse's mouth). I've had to use their customer service for their products 3 times in the past year. I feel they may be having growing pains since moving to Iowa and all the contracts they procured. YMMV

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Same problem I've had with them. I had to constantly hound them via email/phone calls. They eventually made it right but it took well over a month for the issues to be resolved. If you're a civilian you'll be put on the back burner as mil. orders take precedence(from the horse's mouth). I've had to use their customer service for their products 3 times in the past year. I feel they may be having growing pains since moving to Iowa and all the contracts they procured. YMMV
    Funny you mention that.

I've had three issues with them in the past year or two as well.

First was a MARS lower that would not accept any aftermarket trigger guards. I was forced to use a file on the ears to remove enough material to install the new trigger guard.

Second issue was a stripped upper receiver I purchased through Primary Arms. The upper receiver was horribly out of spec. I could not install any optic mounts or iron sights on the top rail without gouging the picatinny slots and removing anodizing in the process. The upper receiver was also much wider than the lower receiver (LMT MARS Lower) and there was a lip roughly 1/16 of an inch on either side. The upper receiver also had a gap just above the rear takedown pin where the BCG would travel from the upper into the receiver extension. I've seen small gaps in that area before that are a non issue. This was substantially worse than any I'd previously seen, and certainly could have let debris in behind the BCG. I returned it to PA for a refund.

This bolt, which I've had for a while but just recently noticed the issue, makes the third issue I've had in a row.

I've purposely kept with known brands to avoid these issues and of course even the best have their lemons, but it's becoming apparent that something at LMT has changed and it seems to have started around the time they won that large contract.

It's a shame. I really really want to like LMT. I do.. but if I wanted these kinds of issues I'd buy a PSA/Aero/BM/DPMS.

Feedback Score
    starting to look like that company is not what it used to be. my last order was an mlok upper. came looking like it was used in iraq.they forgot the bolts and washer plate. paint flaking inside the receiver,scratched all over,including a scratch the entire length of the rail.3 rail sections damaged. red paint on the rail. the inside of the rail had a long crack where it was not formed properly. sent it back,got it back a week later. they used a sharpie to cover the scratches. they sent me the same rail back with the metal defect. told me it was fine,nothing to worry about. was pissed,but decided to keep it. went to put a barrel in and it wouldn't fit. tried 3 barrels,only one fit and was extremely tight. had trouble getting it out. sent it back and they sent me a new rail. that should have been done the first time. i have quite a bit of their stuff and a huge fan of their older stuff. i'm not sold %100 anymore.

Feedback Score
    I have had 2 very "sub standard," to say the least, CS contacts with LMT. This had to do with 2 BCG's that were not properly staked resulting in a gas key coming loose and an out of spec complete lower. I would best describe their attitude as condescending and arrogant. I also had to keep hounding them to get a hold of someone. I have spoken to them at SHOT and got the same attitude.

With that said, the OP's conversation brings to point my aggravation for a company who's slogan is "Failure is not an option." My question to them would have been, " So you decided to use a new coating for your bolts without vetting it?" What testing did you use to determine that the coating was viable or good to go? Or did you just use some coating that could flake and cause a problem? What if any due diligence did you undertake? Are we to assume the new coating wasn't vetted?

Frankly, I don't know how they have a good reputation. I have run into numerous folks who have had issues with LMT products and their CS. As for me, I will not buy any LMT products nor do I recommend them. I do inform people of my experience. It also was a bit embarrassing to take out 2 LMT rifles to show a group of shooters and in shooting there after have failures with the BCG's.

YMMV, Steve

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast