Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 9mm carbines

Feedback Score
    I have a 6450. i got a good deal and bought it for the lower for my SBR project. I immediately replaced the upper with a larue upper, w a noveske barrel and larue hg (after my stamp came back of course). It is actually my wife's gun, but ammo costs being what they are I'll probably be using it at a few classes this year. It runs like a champ; about 10% of my CProduct mags have issues and will be going back

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well after holding, touching and smelling a colt 6450 in a store today, I had to have one. This rifle is much nicer in person but the price was to high so I went back online to a company where the price was at least 350.00 cheaper and bought it. It might be in my hands by this Friday or next Monday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LIL-COMMANDO View Post
    Well after holding, touching and smelling a colt 6450 in a store today, I had to have one. This rifle is much nicer in person but the price was to high so I went back online to a company where the price was at least 350.00 cheaper and bought it. It might be in my hands by this Friday or next Monday.

You wont regret that purchase. I have one and it's a great shooter. Also the perfect rifle to introduce new shooters to EBR's.

Feedback Score
    I inherited a Law Enforement marked Colt 6450 about a year ago. When I first got it, I thought, "what the heck is the point?" I was resolved to sell it. Well I waited and never got around to selling it for sentimental reasons really.

Then I took it out for a spin on the range. I LOVE IT! I have to say, it is awesome. Super light, suprisingly accurate (remember its a 9MM)

I reload, so my 9mm is SUPER cheap to shoot. Get one, you won't regret it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt 6450

I too put my nose up at the 6450 and didnt even consider this rifle a couple years ago. I began looking into them and thought what the heck so I purchased one and its great. My lower is maked Colt Defense with the LEO markings current production and the finish is great.

I only shot from 50 yards but I hit dead center with a grouping the size of a small fist. I was using Magtech 115 gr full metal and had no issues. I shot 100 rounds and now I want to reload for this weapon.

I dont know much about reloading anymore but do have a Dillon Square deal I purchased in 1992 set for 40 cal. I need to check if I can switch out dies for the 9MM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I found a new colt 9mm carbine at a gun store today for $1299. I feel like a fool for not buying. I'm guessing that was a pretty good price considering the times.
    "You must school yourselves to savagery." Patton

I've got enough posts to sell in the EE but since I only average 0.02 posts per day, it will be approximately 7,700 days until I can post in the general discussion area. [end of mild rant]

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    You're likely right. Whatever does or does not happen to us legislatively, it seems clear that demand will remain consistently high from this point forward, and a return to the days of "reasonable" pricing is probably not in the cards. Rather than grouse about that, I guess I should just be grateful that, for now, the window of opportunity is still open at all.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    I love mine.

Colt 6450

Surefire M73 Forend
    Magpul CTR
    Magpul trigger guard
    Hogue grip
    DPMS ambi safety

If your gonna go 9mm go Colt, you will not be disappointed.

Feedback Score

Want to build 9mm

I'm wanting to build a 9mm 7-10" suppressed M4 that uses Uzi mags. Can anyone give me ideas as to where the best places are to purchase the parts I need to make this happen? I have been wanting to build this weapon for a long time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snipertn View Post
    I'm wanting to build a 9mm 7-10" suppressed M4 that uses Uzi mags. Can anyone give me ideas as to where the best places are to purchase the parts I need to make this happen? I have been wanting to build this weapon for a long time.
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ategory%3DBCOM

When you say M4 you are meaning a flat top? Look at the link. Parts are hard to come by at this point. Grant has a built up option available now. You will need to find a bolt (RRA) and a mag block (Hann, RRA, Colt). If your lower does not have a 9mm hammer and heavy buffer then you will need that also.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast