Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 9mm carbines

Feedback Score

u may be pleased

no ar is worth 2 grand now , and ar 15 is 1 grand rifle. buy 308 soccomii and have more knock down.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glock2026 View Post
    no ar is worth 2 grand now , and ar 15 is 1 grand rifle. buy 308 soccomii and have more knock down.
    You're on M4Carbine and not M1ACarbine.
    Last edited by NoBody; 04-27-09 at 06:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glock2026 View Post
    WTF are you talking about?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My only experience is with a Colt SMG, but it was one of my favorite carbines that I've ever shot. It ran like a top and was pretty accurate. I have been mulling a 6450.

Feedback Score
    There is a lot of interest right now in the retro forum at Arfcom in 9mm carbines. Nodak spud will be making A1 pattern, 9mm marked lowers soon, and will be offering them along with a true 9mm slickside upper receiver as a package deal - looking like sometime in July/August.

I have everything I need but the lower to build a semi clone of an RO635 - true Colt upper, Colt 2-pc magblocks and extended bolt catch, SS trigger/hammer pins etc. Most people in the know recommend ramping the bolt as unramped bolts put a lot of strss on the trigger/hammer pins, enough to break them.

This will be my first SBR, and I can't wait! I will build it up as a pistol until I get the form one back, but first I need the lower - I have two stripped A2 lowers I could use, but I want it to really look right. Check out the 11 pg thread in the retro forum on Arfcom. The little 9mm carbine may very well become my favorite gun, and should be a perfect HD weapon in my area.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg308 View Post
    There is a lot of interest right now in the retro forum at Arfcom in 9mm carbines. Nodak spud will be making A1 pattern, 9mm marked lowers soon, and will be offering them along with a true 9mm slickside upper receiver as a package deal - looking like sometime in July/August.

I have everything I need but the lower to build a semi clone of an RO635 - true Colt upper, Colt 2-pc magblocks and extended bolt catch, SS trigger/hammer pins etc. Most people in the know recommend ramping the bolt as unramped bolts put a lot of strss on the trigger/hammer pins, enough to break them.

This will be my first SBR, and I can't wait! I will build it up as a pistol until I get the form one back, but first I need the lower - I have two stripped A2 lowers I could use, but I want it to really look right. Check out the 11 pg thread in the retro forum on Arfcom. The little 9mm carbine may very well become my favorite gun, and should be a perfect HD weapon in my area.
    Be sure to post pics when you are finished! I love the RO635!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg308 View Post

Welcome aboard Morg. Great group of guys over here.
    I am gathering my parts for a 653 also. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Welcome aboard Morg. Great group of guys over here.
    I am gathering my parts for a 653 also. .
    LOL. Good seeing you - I've been lurking here for quite awhile, but rarely come here - I definitely like the look and tone of the board. I've read some interesting technical information here.

Feedback Score

45ACP carbine

hello guys, i'm new at the site, so i don't know if this question if appropriate for this topic, or if i should open another one.
    anyway, has anyone here shot the la france m16k carbine? its basically like a colt, but with 45 acp round instead of 9mm. it even uses thompson stick magazines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MiggyE View Post
    hello guys, i'm new at the site, so i don't know if this question if appropriate for this topic, or if i should open another one.
    anyway, has anyone here shot the la france m16k carbine? its basically like a colt, but with 45 acp round instead of 9mm. it even uses thompson stick magazines.
    I would start another thread. I have not shot one.
    For those whating a .45ACP AR there are a couple of choices in lowers, but limited choices in uppers. Most all the uppers are build from Oly uppers or built on non-Oly upper that have been modified to use the Oly ejector/Bolt system. As to lower the problems is in the fact that the more common .45cal stick mags are too wide for the standard 5.56 mag well. Oly uses a .45 Uzi mag with a welded on mag well filler. This mag setup is very bulky and the mags are expensive. Your other option is the wider .45ACP Grease Gun mags. There are tow options of this a Cav Arms MkII lower or a Bazoka Brothers lower (there has been several others that that threatened to produced a broched lower and have producted limited numbers, but they are not common).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast