Thread: Shifting POI with Suppressor Cover

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Shifting POI with Suppressor Cover

Good afternoon,

I have a Ruger RPR in .308 with a Sig SRD762Ti-QD suppressor and Cole-tac HTP Cobra mirage cover. The cover is a 2 piece with a black rubbery sleeve inner and a fabric outer wrap with 3 velcro fasteners. The cover was ordered using the dimensions for this can.

As tight as I get the velcro, the cover shifts forward slightly after a dozen or so rounds. My POI shifts as well. The first few times, I blamed me for the changing POI, but when troubleshooting, I found the issue went away when I removed the cover.

Has anyone else experienced this?

For now, the cover will remain at home when I go to the range.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Blows my mind you tell of this. I have many many with covers and have never heard of this. Your cover must be jacking the harmonics. if it is indeed true.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the same brand / model cover on my M4-2000 can and never had issues. I am confused by this behavior as well. Next time I bring it to the range, i will dedicate some time and ammo into better recording the issue.

I will record 5 round group without cover, ensuring proper zero, then cycle through groups until POI shit is apparent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Covers are an absolute pain in the ass, but if you have magnified optics, you have to have them. Pappabear has added some ranger bands to reduce movement on most of his.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is a good idea. I am sure I have some ranger bands kicking around in the toolbox. Easy to try. I am running a 5-30x on this rifle so I wanted the mirage cover.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    That is a good idea. I am sure I have some ranger bands kicking around in the toolbox. Easy to try. I am running a 5-30x on this rifle so I wanted the mirage cover.

You are Ranger86 by the way, go for it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    For most of the covers Pappabear runs, the need to slide the fukker back during shooting is greatly reduced by adding 2 or 3 ranger bands. We stole this idea from our buddy a few weeks ago.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v