Thread: Misspelled trust name

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Misspelled trust name

So it happened to me.

An engraver misspelled my trust name. On three guns. 2 AR's and an MP5. I'm livid.

I understand that mistakes happen, but when your living revolves around one single task this one is an unforgivable.

The AR's are engraved in the trigger guard, the MP5 on a sideplate.

The shame-on-me part is that the engraving was done a few years ago and I just noticed. Yes, I should have noticed right away, but that does not change the fact that it's wrong. It's not like it was perfect at the time and suddenly the spelling changed.

The engraver misspelled my trust name by a single letter, but in the ATF's eyes, its a different entity. according to my attorney, I am not compliant. There is no room for error on this. I could create another trust and transfer the guns to the new trust, but besides the cost, I would be stuck with two trusts forever. Not a viable option. I cannot simply amend the existing trust to include another name as the name on the Form 1 does not match the engraving.

The engraver offered to re-engrave on another are of the receivers. Not an option for me. There were not random cheap lowers. One of them has deep sentimental value to me and none of them can be replaced.

Any suggestions on options? Can the area be filled in, engraved again and if necessary re-anodized? Does anyone offer this service?
    Last edited by Bluto; 06-03-20 at 06:43.