Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Misspelled trust name

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    The country is LITERALLY burning and yet for some reason people still care about compliance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have to come along and make this serious again. Killjoy.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I used to think guys with NRA stickers on their trucks always drove slow because they were tight asses with money or just old.

Newwpppp. Now I know it’s cuz they’re bootlicking cucks who don’t wanna exceed the limit set forth by LAW.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    But what if i do it as an individual and not a trust? Would I just have to engrave Eurodriver Buddy?
    Just don’t misspell it “Europanties” !!!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    You have to come along and make this serious again. Killjoy.
    I mean it’s unfortunate the OPs engraving got fudged.. I totally get that and he’s trying to do the right thing. Good on him.

But in the real world there are home brew 3rd pin drilled lowers, 5320s that NEVER get filed for transport, moving, etc. Forged stamps, dudes with stocks on pistols and all kinds of things.

The gun community really is it’s own worst enemy at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    1) Nobody has ever asked to see engraving - ever. Has anyone ever asked to see yours?
    Nobody has ever asked to see any of my forms, ever. I shoot legally registered machine guns on my property at least once a week. I've never had a neighbor complain and the police have never showed up. Using your logic, I could just go to town making machine guns. Odds are that I won't get caught... until I do. Then I'll be in jail and everything that I've worked for all my life will be gone.

Imagine a Federal Prosecutor trying to charge you with an NFA violation because you didn’t engrave your firearm, and then trying to successfully prosecute that. “Yes he completed a Form 1. Yes he had the item marked properly via Make/Model. He just didn’t engrave his silly trust name (see below) and city so we arrested him”. LMAO
    Imagine spending time in jail, spending tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on attorneys, and then putting your freedom in the hands of a jury of ignorant people who tend to take what federal law enforcement officials says as fact while having a distain for gun owners that have military style firearms. There are battles worth fighting and risks worth taking, but engraving isn't it for me.

If the punishment for not engraving is the same as making an illegal machine gun - might as well just start drilling third pins!
    I agree. If you're not going to do everything right to cover your rear, then just don't bother doing it at all.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A quick update...

The engraver is going to somehow cover up the existing bad name with the correct one... we’ll see how that comes out shortly.

As far as compliance I’m not worried about joe cop looking at the engraving. It’s more of an estate planning situation. When I pass and these transfer to my heirs I don’t want them dealing with engravings that do not match the respective paperwork.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    There are battles worth fighting and risks worth taking, but engraving isn't it for me.
    Bingo.

But I'm also boring. I paid out the ass for my machine gun, and will pay out the ass for my future machine guns. I've never smoked pot and I don't drive drunk. I have a credit score over 800 and a stable marriage. I bought a reasonably priced house in a quiet subdivision.

I know other people who make silencers out of pipe from Home Depot, smoke meth for fun on their way to weeknight orgies after leaving work as a 35-year-old waiter, and have rolled their car note into the next note and the next note. I'm sure their lives are more interesting than mine.

I prefer my method.
    Last edited by GeneralPurpose; 06-29-20 at 20:08.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I see where some of my Stamps are The pappabear NFA Revocable trust, others are Pappabear ( minus The ). The guy who wrote my Trust is a lawyer and gun owner so I asked myself “ why the dissertation for a name that has to be engraved.

I could have done with PBNFATRUST or something shorter.

Bottom line, I wouldn’t worry or bother with it.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-05-20 at 18:16.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bluto, I get where you're coming from. If it's gnawing at you, get it corrected. It's a peace of mind thing. Now once your engraver get's it all corrected, march him down to the local tattoo parlor and have them "engrave" his name on his forehead, but be one letter off. See how he likes it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123