Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Misspelled trust name

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I take it the mistake isn't something simple like making an R into a B, so I think I'd just have him engrave another location or if possible cover up the old and redo. I'm sure this has been done before.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You guys get your stuff engraved?

lol
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You guys get your stuff engraved?

lol
    Makes you wonder what the punishment is for not engraving it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andre3k; 06-25-20 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have him mill out the engraved area.. kind of make it a indented rectangular plate with rounded corners and have him engrave within that section. This way it looks more intentionally done that way. Tell him to make sure everything is centered within the frame to keep it looking neat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    Makes you wonder what the punishment is for not engraving it.
    A maximum of $10,000 and 10 years in prison.

26 USC 5842
    26 USC 5871

Feedback Score
    Is there any minimum name for the Trust? I'd like to use as many letters as possible for obvious reasons.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would do nothing and not worry about it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralPurpose View Post
    A maximum of $10,000 and 10 years in prison.

26 USC 5842
    26 USC 5871
    LOL

Some thoughts

1) Nobody has ever asked to see engraving - ever. Has anyone ever asked to see yours?

2) In over 20 years, the ATF when they have done compliance checks for my SOT they *ONLY* check the serial number.

3) None of the links you cited specify a timeline. It doesn’t say it must be engraved before the maker makes the item. So when must it be done? The law is unclear. Good luck convicting on that.

4) Imagine a Federal Prosecutor trying to charge you with an NFA violation because you didn’t engrave your firearm, and then trying to successfully prosecute that. “Yes he completed a Form 1. Yes he had the item marked properly via Make/Model. He just didn’t engrave his silly trust name (see below) and city so we arrested him”. LMAO

5) Imagine being the kind of person who actually worries about #4.

6) If the punishment for not engraving is the same as making an illegal machine gun - might as well just start drilling third pins!

Quote Originally Posted by Funjeff View Post
    Is there any minimum name for the Trust? I'd like to use as many letters as possible for obvious reasons.
    No. I have a buddy who’s trust is name “No Trust”

I also have a loser friend who has like “Eurodriver Buddy’s Family Revocable Living Trust” bs. What a nerd.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    LOL

Some thoughts

1) Nobody has ever asked to see engraving - ever. Has anyone ever asked to see yours?

2) In over 20 years, the ATF when they have done compliance checks for my SOT they *ONLY* check the serial number.

3) None of the links you cited specify a timeline. It doesn’t say it must be engraved before the maker makes the item. So when must it be done? The law is unclear. Good luck convicting on that.

4) Imagine a Federal Prosecutor trying to charge you with an NFA violation because you didn’t engrave your firearm, and then trying to successfully prosecute that. “Yes he completed a Form 1. Yes he had the item marked properly via Make/Model. He just didn’t engrave his silly trust name (see below) and city so we arrested him”. LMAO

5) Imagine being the kind of person who actually worries about #4.

6) If the punishment for not engraving is the same as making an illegal machine gun - might as well just start drilling third pins!

No. I have a buddy who’s trust is name “No Trust”

I also have a loser friend who has like “Eurodriver Buddy’s Family Revocable Living Trust” bs. What a nerd.

But what if i do it as an individual and not a trust? Would I just have to engrave Eurodriver Buddy?
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The country is LITERALLY burning and yet for some reason people still care about compliance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast