Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Is that to get into the heavy metal division, or some such thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good question. My match experience is limited to local matches which have great latitude with rules and divisions [if they even recognize any divisions]. My dream match is the "Desert Brutality" series. They have different divisions.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Put together a 6ARC upper for a buddy this week. 22” Sanders Armory 5R barrel.

Out of the gate it is shooting both 105 Black and 108 Match at just under MOA, with a gritty milspec trigger. Only got it to 100yards so far

Velocity of Black is 2726 FPS, and Match (ELD-M) is 2705 FPS. He will be using it for whitetail hunting this week.
    Last edited by akxx; 11-24-20 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    I'd really like to see Constructor make 6mm ARC barrels with 3R rifling and his Titan Bolt.
    Every experience I've had with his products has been very positive.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by badkarmaiii View Post
    I'd really like to see Constructor make 6mm ARC barrels with 3R rifling and his Titan Bolt.
    Every experience I've had with his products has been very positive.
    Constructor is legit. I agree. Hey Constructor...make a 12.5 upper in 6mmARC and then take my money.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    ...make a 12.5 upper in 6mmARC and then take my money.
    There is an untapped market for short and light ARC barrels. Pretty much everything out there is heavy profile. 16+ length.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    There is an untapped market for short and light ARC barrels. Pretty much everything out there is heavy profile. 16+ length.

I agree. I almost got a 12 or so inch McGowen, but the last one got sold before I committed. My 18” Odin finally got here so that will keep me busy for a while.

On the 6.5 Grendel forum they are organizing a group buy including a 12 inch option.

The group buy barrels are by Lilja. I haven’t heard of them before. Are they good?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m not ready to commit to one yet, but I’ll be getting one of these soon, in 12”-12.5”, of course.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    I agree. I almost got a 12 or so inch McGowen, but the last one got sold before I committed. My 18” Odin finally got here so that will keep me busy for a while.

On the 6.5 Grendel forum they are organizing a group buy including a 12 inch option.

The group buy barrels are by Lilja. I haven’t heard of them before. Are they good?
    I've run lilja barrels in precision bolt guns and they are good to go from what i've seen. Not sure how their AR style barrels are.

Feedback Score
    Thanks B Cart. I might have to ante up for one now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Thanks B Cart. I might have to ante up for one now.
    X-Caliber has some various twist options as well as 5R and 3R if those are something that interests you.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast