Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    SBRSarge,

Are you having any issues cycling shooting with a can? I'm using a BA 18" barrel. After adjusting the rifle to cycle and lock the bolt back without a can, I installed my Omega, and I had to give it MORE gas to lock the bolt back with the can on. I'm using a Seekins Switch GB and I was shooting Hornady Black ammo.

Blessings,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Helluva time to introduce a new caliber!
    Maybe lighter bullets and smaller brass compared to 308/762 based cartridges will give it an inherent advantage in lower cost? Hopefully…. Maybe…. Please???
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    nvm, i posted nonsense.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 04-28-22 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawl View Post
    SBRSarge,

Are you having any issues cycling shooting with a can? I'm using a BA 18" barrel. After adjusting the rifle to cycle and lock the bolt back without a can, I installed my Omega, and I had to give it MORE gas to lock the bolt back with the can on. I'm using a Seekins Switch GB and I was shooting Hornady Black ammo.

Blessings,
    Bellycrawl,

That sure is odd. All my experience has been that a suppressed rifle will want the gas dialed back. Sure you’re adjusting the right way? You might have ended up over-gassed when you added the can and closed the gas a bit rather than opened it to get to reliability. Over-gassing can lead to failures just like under-gassing can.

I’ve had no issues with my 18” Odin. I adjusted the gas block with my Omega on it and it runs 100%.

I had a few hiccups with my 12” barrel, but think it was just too damn dirty! A good cleaning of the BCG and I’m back in business.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply. Indeed it was odd. I was thinking it may be carrier overspeed and possibly my gas block (seekins switch block) wouldn't allow for a wide enough range of adjustments for both suppressed and unsuppressed.

I made another trip to shoot this week and used a slow motion camera. As odd as it is, the bolt carrier does not go all the way back when I put the suppressor (omega 300) on. When I have the can off, the carrier travels all the way back and locks on the empty mag.

This rifle shot consistent .7-.8 moa with Hornady 108s and about 1.3 moa with Hornady Black at 100 yds. I'm still only 60 rds down the barrel so far.

Also, this is about the dirtiest gun I've ever encountered after shooting such a few rounds. Additionally, I was able to find primers this week and bought some 108s Match and some 103 ELD-X bullets. I just need some dies and powder, and I'll do a little load development.

I'll keep playing with ARC as I really like it in theory, and the next range trip I plan to put the Chrono on it to see if the 18" barrel gives me decent velocities.

Blessings,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawl View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Indeed it was odd. I was thinking it may be carrier overspeed and possibly my gas block (seekins switch block) wouldn't allow for a wide enough range of adjustments for both suppressed and unsuppressed.

I made another trip to shoot this week and used a slow motion camera. As odd as it is, the bolt carrier does not go all the way back when I put the suppressor (omega 300) on. When I have the can off, the carrier travels all the way back and locks on the empty mag.

This rifle shot consistent .7-.8 moa with Hornady 108s and about 1.3 moa with Hornady Black at 100 yds. I'm still only 60 rds down the barrel so far.

Also, this is about the dirtiest gun I've ever encountered after shooting such a few rounds. Additionally, I was able to find primers this week and bought some 108s Match and some 103 ELD-X bullets. I just need some dies and powder, and I'll do a little load development.

I'll keep playing with ARC as I really like it in theory, and the next range trip I plan to put the Chrono on it to see if the 18" barrel gives me decent velocities.

Blessings,
    Keep us posted on any cause/solution you find.

You’ve got me stumped!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Berger 109 Data:

Last edited by Tokarev; 05-18-22 at 21:49.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The velocities listed are low but maybe the charge weights are on the conservative side.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast