Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lots of positive videos on YouTube

Feedback Score
    SBR, carbine, 1000yrd Gun; AR or bolt platform.... it seems like it can do anything.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    SBR, carbine, 1000yrd Gun; AR or bolt platform.... it seems like it can do anything.
    It does seem that way. At least on paper.

One recent review by Ryan Cleckner indicates that mags are a weak link as others have reported.

https://gununiversity.com/6mm-arc-review/

Who makes the Alexander Arms mags? ASC?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If this thing gets significant adoption, good (inexpensive, reliable, available, standardized) mags will come
    Last edited by 1168; 10-26-20 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Who makes the Alexander Arms mags? ASC?
    The current supplier is E-Lander.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    The current supplier is E-Lander.
    E-Lander seem to get good reviews for the Grendel crowd. Interesting that they seemed to cause issues for Mr. Cleckner.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    E-Lander seem to get good reviews for the Grendel crowd. Interesting that they seemed to cause issues for Mr. Cleckner.

Which is exactly why I am so hesitant to proclaim any round the new king of the AR15. 224V, 6.5G, and now 6ARC come through; and its tough to get a solid consensus on what hardware works, and if some doesn't; why? I like my semi auto's to remain semi auto, and magazines are the achille's tendon of that.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand
    or bolt platform....
    Other than chasing the fictional unicorn of the 'do it all caliber', I can't see a good reason why.

You already have 6mm CM that outperforms it handily. And by the way, can be run in AR10 gas guns as well.
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-26-20 at 13:30. Reason: fix quote tag

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They do--and so do ASC, really there aren't any of the major mags that DON'T work in the Grendel world these days. But CPD Duramag is the tits right now for Team Grendel. I've converted over to all Duramags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If this thing gets significant adoption, good (inexpensive, reliable, available, standardized) mags will come
    Lots of ‘ifs’ in this plan...

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast