Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    who makes the best type 2 grendel bolts? Are solgws grendel bcgs type 2?
    SOLGW uses the Alexander Arms Type 2 6.5 Grendel bolts.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    who makes the best type 2 grendel bolts? Are solgws grendel bcgs type 2?
    I don't know how makes them and haven't used them. Just passing on an FYI:

https://www.peacegeek.net/product-p/a-0004.htm

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    info from hodge 18" proof barrel testing and lantac usa testing.
    Attachment 62935
    Attachment 62936
    Attachment 62937
    Now this gets my attention... Any idea what barrel length the 6.5CM 140gr trajectory is from? Too bad there isn't data on 18" MK262 on the chart, but the 12.5" and 18" 6ARC trajectories are interesting to say the least.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I remember back when everyone was holding their breath over whether 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel was going to finally save us all...
    Yeah...maybe not "everyone". At least in the precision community, many knew enough about ballistics to see through the BS...especially on the Grendel.

The idea of a 6mm in a small-frame AR has legs, and given the number of wildcats out there safe to say there's a place in a commercial option to draw others into it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm too invested in 223/5.56 and .308. But for those that want to push these 6m m or 6.5 cartridges, whose going to pay for it all? No takers? Then I'll stick with what I've got.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More info.

https://youtu.be/YVVoq_PlLAo

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've read and watched about everything i can on the 6mm arc.

It's the .224 valkyrie and .300 blackout all over again but with more inherent problems than both combined. Plus suboptimal performance when used for anything outside of it's specific niche.

No thank you.

Feedback Score

6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

I’m fine with 556 & 300 BLackOut. I tried the Grendel, 300 and the 6.8SPC.

Only The 5.56 and 300 are still around. Gonna see how this cartridge does in the next few years.

Feedback Score
    The 224V is fine, but it is a bunch of compromises. The case is a bit too small, it tries to shoot bullets in too wide a range of weights/lengths/shapes. Frankly, it seems that a 224Grendel with 95gr spears would be the best option. But it seems that someone had a few billion 6.8SPC cartridge capacity lines set up, so might as well make some lemon-aide. And then the 224V stumbled out of the gate. Seems that the 6ARC avoids the 224V original sins. For most people, it would have enough umph and range to make a decent rifle in a SA or a AR.

We'll see...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    None of this matters if they can't figure out the magazine and feeding problems that are systemic with the 6.5 grendel. I agree it looks promising, but I will remain skeptical and put this in the same spot I put 224 valkerie in until it proved to be anemic. I am cautiously optimistic however. Magpul said they are trying to see if its worth it for them to attempt a magazine but there are spatial geometry problems with TDP sized ar15 mag wells and this new cartridge that make it extremely difficult.
    I’m with you, Grendel mags may be ok hunting or on a one way range, but the current offerings are at best so-so. I was hoping Barrett would offer mags since they were the first gunmaker for this cartridge.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast