Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    I have three 6mm ARC rifles, and I have eight mags of different makes. ASC, E Lander, Duramag, Amend2. Non of my mags or rifles give me any feeding problems what so ever.

I have not tried one of these yet, as my current mags work just fine.

ASC 6mm ARC specific mags.
    https://www.ammosc.com/categories/ar...s/6mm-arc.html

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Lots of ‘ifs’ in this plan...
    Ya ain’t wrong
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino11 View Post
    I have three 6mm ARC rifles...
    Would you mind posting a quick summary of these? barrel lengths, etc? TIA
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    This please ^^^^ I’m really liking what I’m seeing and reading. Wanting this as my next build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Other than chasing the fictional unicorn of the 'do it all caliber', I can't see a good reason why.

You already have 6mm CM that outperforms it handily. And by the way, can be run in AR10 gas guns as well.
    AR10s are what, maybe 5% of ARs sold? To me the interesting part and how it fits in the market is that you could have one round that someone could use for all uses with out having to reload. As PRS and other action shooting gets more popular, the question is - does this open up the sports to more shooters, ones that buy off the shelf guns, run factory ammo and aren't chasing the n-th degree. Add in that a 6CM will have 1/2 to 1/4 the barrel life of a 6ARC?

Not for everyone, but it could be a round for a lot of people. I wonder if anyone will come out with blaster ammo at some point. Sure, a 300BO would probably be better out of a short SBR, a 6CM or one of the wonder 6mm would have 2-300 fps, but out of a larger AR10 platform.

I looked closely at the 224V and it was interesting, but I came away thinking- it should have been 6mm and a bit more powder capacity. Viola.

I'm not going out and swapping my 556 barrels for 6ARC, but I did buy a Howa Mini action in 6.5G to convert eventually to 6ARC.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The first one is a Faxon 20" barrel with A2 stock and hardware, have not shot that one much, the second one is a precision gas gun. It has an Odin works stainless match grade 18" barrel, it has rifle gas + 2". This gun shoots .5 MOA all day long. also has their adj gas block, and BCG, and their Atlas Muzzle device.actually all three sport their muzzle device. And the third one is pretty much a duplicate of the Odin barreled gun for practice gun but it has a Faxon 18" barrel on it. I'm having major issues uploading pictures to this site, not sure whats going on.

Feedback Score

6mm ARC

This is one of them, still having issues with photos but I got this one to load.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dino11; 10-28-20 at 17:24. Reason: picture

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone found a source for brass other than Hornady? ADG or Peterson perhaps? I also wonder about Lapua and maybe Starline. If any of these aren't offering brass yet they probably will be soon. They probably already would be if it wasn't for the current craziness in the market.

Same Q for loaded ammo. Hornady appears to be the only game in town right now. I assume Federal has a Fusion load in the works.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Do 5.56 mags work or maybe 300blkout mags? I just Want to get one 6mm AR but if mags are the issue I need to know. Also i am deploying soon so 50-60 reliable mags would be great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Do 5.56 mags work or maybe 300blkout mags? I just Want to get one 6mm AR but if mags are the issue I need to know. Also i am deploying soon so 50-60 reliable mags would be great.
    They will work for a round or two but will bind if you try to fill them. You really need some proper Grendel mags.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast