Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino11 View Post
    Very Nice!

Looking forward to your Range Reports.

Enjoy and Have a Safe and Great Day at the Range.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone aware of a vendor that has 6mm ARC ammo in stock?

Feedback Score
    Range day was kind of a bust today because the long distant range was closed for a varmint shoot that you were only allowed to shoot lead bullets. so we had to go to the 300 yard range. I could not set up the chronograph because this range has a pretty steep slope for about 20' just ahead of the shooting bench. After putting 20 rounds down the barrel I cleaned it and zeroed the scope in @100 yards, only took two shots to zero. Then I moved out to 300 yards and the results were nothing less than spectacular. This barrel is not even broken in yet, and these were 105 grain factory loads. never did shoot any of the 108 grain. I'm very happy with the results, this one is a shooter and a keeper.

300 yard 001 (Medium).JPG

300 yard 002 (Medium).JPG

300 yard 003 (Medium).JPG

These were 7 shot groups and some of the shots went through other shot holes, very tight groups for a 300 yard target. I did not even have to adjust the dope moving out to 300 from a 100 yard zero, thats how flat this thing shoots.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Dino comes out of the gate hard and fast. Well done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have a pre-order in for a new bartlein 6mm arc barrel in their new steel thats supposed to double barrel life over 416.

Feedback Score
    I took the 20 MOA riser off and mounted the scope directly to the picatinny and zeroed it a little on the low side at 100, I did this because I knew I would be using this for longer distance. But I was still amazed that I did not have to dial it in at 300. Next time out I will shoot the 108 grain bullets and work up a hand load to get the ball really rolling. It is my belief that this is truly the most optimized round for the AR15 platform. Recoil was almost non existent. I did have one issue with it locking back on last round, but that is probably just a gas block adjustment as I did not mess with it, waiting to get a few more rounds through it to loosen it up a little. It will lock back on an empty mag if you pull the charging handle to cycle the BCG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ultimate Reloader shoots a CMMG 6 ARC:

https://youtu.be/rYjQlwDhgTo

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Saw this news this morning:

(Grand Island, Nebr.) — A specialized group from the U.S. Department of Defense has purchased an additional amount of 6mm ARC ammunition from Hornady for its multipurpose combat rifle program.

The 6mm ARC is a truly versatile cartridge that maximizes the potential of the AR-15 platform. This new cartridge delivers less felt recoil than larger short action based cartridges, yet takes full advantage of modern, heavy for caliber 6mm bullets that provide excellent accuracy and ballistic performance at extended range.
    The 6mm ARC delivers substantially better ballistics than the 5.56 NATO with similar recoil and yet delivers comparable ballistics to the venerable 308 Winchester with 30% less weight on both firearms platform and ammunition.

More information can be found at hornady.com/6mmARC.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I think this will be my next build. I have no real need for something like this, but when has that ever mattered in what I build? Maybe having one will justify an antelope hunt sometime!

I just wish they’d stop saying ‘comparable ballistics to the 308 Win”. It’d be more accurate to say comparable trajectory, or comparable external ballistics. It certainly doesn’t have the same terminal ballistics.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast