Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    Constructor is legit. I agree. Hey Constructor...make a 12.5 upper in 6mmARC and then take my money.
    Here's a 12.5" option if you're still looking:

https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-matc...lon-extension/
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whoops. Double post.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 04-16-21 at 16:44.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://aimsurplus.com/faxon-16in-6m...e-ar15-barrel/

In stock at Aim Surplus

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.handloadermagazine.com/6mm-arc

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see Hornady has shipped some large lots of ammo. It has popped up at places like Midway and I saw some recently at Sportsmans Warehouse.

So how's the cartridge performance for those who have been shooting it awhile? Does it live up to the accuracy hype? I've seen a couple reports of less than stellar accuracy from the AR platform.

Also what are y'all using for ammo? Strictly factory stuff or loading your own? Brass is vaporware at this point although people are making it from 6.5 Grendel. It just takes a resize and trim. It can also be made from 220 Russian or 7.62x39 although these options require fire forming.

Feedback Score
    After being impressed with my buddies 18" odin 6 ARC last fall, I decided to give it a try, and ordered a 24" 1-7.5" twist 5r barrel from X-Caliber. Got the barrel Friday and put together Saturday. Sunday I did barrel break in and zeroed the scope that's on it(for now). Shoots extremely nice, recoil is pretty much dead on with my 20" 5.56 AR with an A2 stock. Shot a 5 shot group at ~.8" at 100 with factory 108 ELDM's right after I did their break in procedure. Took it out to 805 yds right after that and was smacking the plate every time after realizing I dialed a little more than I should have. Anyone really stretching these out yet? Think I can get it to 1500 yds?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IALoder View Post
    After being impressed with my buddies 18" odin 6 ARC last fall, I decided to give it a try, and ordered a 24" 1-7.5" twist 5r barrel from X-Caliber. Got the barrel Friday and put together Saturday. Sunday I did barrel break in and zeroed the scope that's on it(for now). Shoots extremely nice, recoil is pretty much dead on with my 20" 5.56 AR with an A2 stock. Shot a 5 shot group at ~.8" at 100 with factory 108 ELDM's right after I did their break in procedure. Took it out to 805 yds right after that and was smacking the plate every time after realizing I dialed a little more than I should have. Anyone really stretching these out yet? Think I can get it to 1500 yds?
    Welcome IALoder,

Sounds like you built a shooter. I imagine groups will still tighten a bit more as you get more rounds through it.

I’m jealous. My range only goes to 200 yards and I would love to have a few hundred more to play with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRSarge View Post
    Welcome IALoder,

Sounds like you built a shooter. I imagine groups will still tighten a bit more as you get more rounds through it.

I’m jealous. My range only goes to 200 yards and I would love to have a few hundred more to play with.
    I feel like groups will tighten up as well, and it may speed up a little, but can't be upset with .8" with 20 rounds down the tube and factory ammo. Gonna burn the 220 factory rounds I have up before I start reloading for it. Gotta get the adjustable gas block dialed in as well, and shoot some of the factory 105 bthps to see how they do. This is still really new to me with only 40 rounds through it, but I have a feeling it'll do well for me.

The 805 is at my father in law's house/range. Living in the middle of flat farm country we can get pretty far out there for ranges.
    Last edited by IALoder; 02-28-22 at 12:19.

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast