Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 6mm ARC: Has Hornady Struck Gold?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    What caliber do you think it might have been?

6.5mm?

6mm ?
    If the compromise was between trajectory and terminal performance with an OTM, smaller for sure. Look at the 6.8 Gold Dot for example, when bonded a 90gr bullet is all it needs.

Feedback Score
    It would be interesting if CZ adapted the Bren2 to chamber this caliber. They already have the bolt for 7.62x39, and also have a magwell that could accept a larger polymer magazine. Anyone have any contacts over there? Could be a very interesting carbine.

Feedback Score
    The 6mm KAC PDW round had a subsonic round. Does this have too much internal volume to do that right?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hornady has this broken up into segments but here's the full video. I think it is worth the 20 minutes:

Barrett is shipping rifles to DoD customers. I assume a civilian version of whatever they did for the DoD will be on the market shortly.

https://news.barrett.net/2020/06/03/...les-to-us-dod/

Barrett anticipates these rifles will be available to the US commercial market after all US Military deliveries have been completed.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-09-20 at 15:42.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    A Howa mini action, a proof barrel, one of those hollow carbon fiber stocks, and I’m not sure what the lightest scope with a good tree in it would be, but you could end up with a really nice light long range rifle.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am interested to see if it delivers unlike the Valkyrie.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I've been shooting grendel since 2007 or 2008. It's not perfect but it is awfully good at taking the AR-15 platform about as far as you can go with it.

Slippery projectiles in the weights that I want to shoot. Steel case ammo availability for fun. Inherently accurate due to some of the optimization that were made and its PPC parentage.

I keep and use 5.56, but Grendel is awfully good package / compromise for the AR-15.

As to AR-10s, everyone needs one just because. I've got a lot of West German surplus 7.62 and it's fun to take out to shoot. And I can shoot match loadings with good results as well.

I know 260 and creedmoor both will beat 308 at range but that's not an issue I have to deal with. (Wish I did have longer ranges, 300 is my local max)
    6.5G was seriously considered before I settled on 6.8. What tipped the scales was factory load availability with effective projectiles. I'm a volume pistol reloader but due to time and patience shortages, rely on factory loads in my various rifle calibers. Hornady, Federal, Barnes and Silver State Armory covered a broader range of ammo for more than punching paper, than was available for 6.5G at the time and probably still now. Do I wish 6.8 was better at range? Absolutely.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    There is a lot of "hope" in this thread.

Concerning new calibers, when something has been proven reliable and in use for 1-5 years, let me know.

Until then I'll be out shooting.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    There is a lot of "hope" in this thread.

Concerning new calibers, when something has been proven reliable and in use for 1-5 years, let me know.

Until then I'll be out shooting.
    At least once a week, I drive past a building with a painted wall that says "Hold On to Hope.". So, that's what I'm going to do...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Because .224 SPC isn't working out so well...
    A 6mm SPC is not a 224 Valkyrie.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast