Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Getting Worse: BLM to develop armed wing

Feedback Score

It's Getting Worse: BLM to develop armed wing

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-liv...ny-leader-says

The Black Lives Matter movement will develop an armed branch of “peace officers” to combat police brutality in black communities during the so-called “war on police,” according to one of its leaders.

Protests broke out across the country following the death of unarmed Minneapolis black man George Floyd while in police custody, bringing the BLM movement back into national focus. In an interview with the Daily Mail, BLM New York chapter Chairman Hawk Newsome described how the group plans to follow in the footsteps of the Black Panthers Party by matching fire with fire – when necessary.

“We're talking about self-defense. We're talking about defending our communities,” Newsome said. “You know what it's like to see a taser pointed at a 7-year-old, you know what it's like to see a 67-year-old black woman ... pepper sprayed and pushed to the ground?”

“We are preparing and training our people to defend our communities.”

Newsome attended a national conference in Los Angeles of party leadership to discuss how the movement can create a “pathway forward” for people. The plan, called “Black Opts” for Black Opportunities, details how the movement can help to liberate black people.

“We have black Special Forces officers advising us, and we will teach and train people in our communities, the Black Opts department of Black Opportunities,” Newsome said.

The move is reminiscent of the Black Panthers Party, which created "peace officers" who open-carried firearms while patrolling black communities in order to deter police brutality. Newsome confirmed that the BLM "peace officers" would also be armed and open carry guns in states that allow it.

“We pattern ourselves after the Black Panthers, after the Nation of Islam, we believe that we need an arm to defend ourselves,” Newsome explained. “We will build and train peace officers to keep the peace in our communities, to defend our communities, to keep our communities safe.”

The New York chapter is at the forefront of the movement, the largest of the 40 chapters the organization operates globally, according to its website. Newsome, who worked as a project manager at a law firm before becoming full-time activist, claimed his chapter has grown into one of the most effective ones in the world.

Newsome says his chapter is raising funds for a “war chest” and plans to build a headquarters in an unused church in New York.

“When we start talking about black opportunities and building our war chest to defend ourselves from the war on the poor. .. to defend ourselves against the war that is anti-blackness in America, then people will have to meet a certain criteria.”

The “blueprint” for the way forward will be unveiled in Times Square in New York on Sunday at 12 p.m. and delivered to communities across the country.
    What have I been saying? We're now in the midst of the American version of The Troubles. BLM just became the U.S. IRA. Whole areas of cities are going to be no-go zones. And I don't believe for half a second that they are just going to patrol their neighborhoods; this is going to turn into an urban guerilla war and it won't stop until the American flag is permanently lowered from the U.S. Capitol.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    2nd amendment rights just became relevant to the left. Not an entire loss, IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Armed white folks, irked by restrictions on their "freedom" in the name of Covid-19, protested.

Why not BLM?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    All this crap is propaganda fueled anger. The RONA is a farce. A Non-demic, not a pandemic. I don't get the whole Floyd thing. I didn't really see the full video, but it really strikes me that this is all propaganda to influence/enrage the booger brained masses.

I'm pretty sickened by the number of American who fall for this completely absurd crap that the media spews. If I didn't see the idiots actually wearing their Mongo-Masks, I wouldn't believe how many dumb asses there are in our country.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Because BLM is a Marxist, racist, and wants to completely defund the police kind of organization. They see racist cops everywhere...all the time.

Some people here really are our enemies.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah it's great that the left has finally discovered the 2nd and will begin arming...because their principles are morally equivalent to the right. Another, my aching head moment.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here's one of our new left upholders and practitioners of the 2nd...just like the people protesting the lock down...you can see that they're exactly the same.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...test-say-feds/
    Last edited by TomMcC; 06-03-20 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    2nd amendment rights just became relevant to the left. Not an entire loss, IMO.
    The problem is, the anti-gun states will probably just give these "peace officers" some sort of official status that gives them the same carry/possession rights as cops, whereas everyone else will still be banned from owning "assault weapons" or CCing and such. And a lot of cops will still toe the line like good soldiers and enforce this.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 06-03-20 at 17:57.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pull police presence from participating communities and watch how quick those new protectors become the new enemy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Pull police presence from participating communities and watch how quick those new protectors become the new enemy.
    I dunno about that. It would probably become like the Favelas in Brazil, where the local drug cartels are more supported and trusted than the police.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast