Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo for AR Pistol

Feedback Score

Ammo for AR Pistol

I have a 5.56 AR pistol with a 10.3 in barrel. I'm looking for an optimum defensive ammo for this gun. Looking for something with powder that is all burned before the bullet leaves the barrel to minimize flash and a bullet that will have good terminal ballistics with the lower muzzle velocity. I hand load. But I don't want to be in a situation where I might shoot someone with hand loaded ammo. My training is that this can cause extra legal problems.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mk318 Mod 0/1 would likely work for you. I don't shoot a lot of it, but don't recall the flash/boom being bad in either my SCAR or DD Mk18. Winchester's .223 PDX-1 wasn't bad either, but I'm pretty sure it's not barrier blind, if that matters to you.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Mk318 Mod 0/1 would likely work for you. I don't shoot a lot of it, but don't recall the flash/boom being bad in either my SCAR or DD Mk18. Winchester's .223 PDX-1 wasn't bad either, but I'm pretty sure it's not barrier blind, if that matters to you.
    Thanks. I will look into these rounds. I'm not terribly concerned with barrier penetration. This is meant to be a home defense round. So I'm more concerned with over penetration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty79 View Post
    I have a 5.56 AR pistol with a 10.3 in barrel. I'm looking for an optimum defensive ammo for this gun. Looking for something with powder that is all burned before the bullet leaves the barrel to minimize flash and a bullet that will have good terminal ballistics with the lower muzzle velocity. I hand load. But I don't want to be in a situation where I might shoot someone with hand loaded ammo. My training is that this can cause extra legal problems.
    Following this with interest. I just purchased a BCM AR pistol and am curious what I should load in for HD

Feedback Score
    BH 77 TIPPED MK.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t know about loading but the 75gr Gold Dot performs pretty damn well out of SBRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Where is the go-to place to buy ammo these days? LGS or online somewhere?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    Where is the go-to place to buy ammo these days? LGS or online somewhere?
    Its going very hard to find in stock ammo deals now a days. I found some in stock ammo deals from here;

Foundry Outdoors

Bulk Cheap Ammo

Outdoor Limited

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VernonAltamirano View Post
    Its going very hard to find in stock ammo deals now a days. I found some in stock ammo deals from here;

Foundry Outdoors

Bulk Cheap Ammo

Outdoor Limited
    Those links are awesome! Thanks. I am not in a huge rush to buy ammo, as I’ve hoarded a few boxed over the years (500rds worth). But I’ll want to restock once the craziness settles down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    Those links are awesome! Thanks. I am not in a huge rush to buy ammo, as I’ve hoarded a few boxed over the years (500rds worth). But I’ll want to restock once the craziness settles down.
    Yes good decisions, if you have adequate to ride through this mess; get some later when things calm down. Prices are either way over priced or they’re not available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast