Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO or Scope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Aimpoint PRO or Scope

Want to put some sights on my Armalite AR10 and have a$450.00 budget left, Having a hard time picking which is best out to 300yds.
    Tx 5shank

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    What is the role the firearm is intended to fill? If it is a "battle rifle" role, you would be well served with the Aimpoint or LPVO. If it is a DMR/SPR type, then I'd keep saving on the optic to buy quality.

Feedback Score
    Home protection

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Home protection
    I don’t think home protection would require any or much magnification so I’d go with some sort of red dot or holographic sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    RDS, namely an Aimpoint Pro for your price point.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'd say the Aimpoint PRO.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If $450 is the budget, go with the Pro.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I still feel my PRO is a good purchase years later. I turn mine off when I am not using it, so really cannot comment on battery use. I would judge it is as capable at long range as iron sights - very vision dependent.

Honestly, the only real negatives are weight and possibly dis-satisfaction with the provided mount. I'm still using the standard QRP2 mount, and have had no issues with it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I still feel my PRO is a good purchase years later. I turn mine off when I am not using it, so really cannot comment on battery use. I would judge it is as capable at long range as iron sights - very vision dependent.

Honestly, the only real negatives are weight and possibly dis-satisfaction with the provided mount. I'm still using the standard QRP2 mount, and have had no issues with it.

Andy
    Good call. I forgot that everyone seemingly upgrades the mount, myself included. That said, I don't know of any issues with the factory mount. I just always found the knob a bit obtrusive, and most of my purchases came in upgraded mounts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Lots of vendors like Geissele / Scalarworks / American Defense offer Aimpoint Pros in their mounts for not much more than with the QRP2 mount from Aimpoint.

The OEM mount is completely useable but if you know off the bat you are going to change it, I think it's worth seeing if someone offers it what way.

Mine is a 2012 model and is working fine. It's kind of the 'extra' RDS that gets moved around a good bit and been on various AR15s, SCAR 16/17s, and a 9MM SBR. Currently it's on a Colt CCU upper with an Aimpoint 3X-C.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast