Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO or Scope

Feedback Score
    Did a little phone shopping and best price is $409.00, can't seem to do better.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    That's not bad. The E&E here often has them used for $325-$375. Being that my original Comp is 12 years old and working fine, it is a good long term investment in terms of actual use.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I still feel my PRO is a good purchase years later. I turn mine off when I am not using it, so really cannot comment on battery use. I would judge it is as capable at long range as iron sights - very vision dependent.

Honestly, the only real negatives are weight and possibly dis-satisfaction with the provided mount. I'm still using the standard QRP2 mount, and have had no issues with it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I still feel my PRO is a good purchase years later. I turn mine off when I am not using it, so really cannot comment on battery use. I would judge it is as capable at long range as iron sights - very vision dependent.

Honestly, the only real negatives are weight and possibly dis-satisfaction with the provided mount. I'm still using the standard QRP2 mount, and have had no issues with it.

Andy
    Good call. I forgot that everyone seemingly upgrades the mount, myself included. That said, I don't know of any issues with the factory mount. I just always found the knob a bit obtrusive, and most of my purchases came in upgraded mounts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Lots of vendors like Geissele / Scalarworks / American Defense offer Aimpoint Pros in their mounts for not much more than with the QRP2 mount from Aimpoint.

The OEM mount is completely useable but if you know off the bat you are going to change it, I think it's worth seeing if someone offers it what way.

Mine is a 2012 model and is working fine. It's kind of the 'extra' RDS that gets moved around a good bit and been on various AR15s, SCAR 16/17s, and a 9MM SBR. Currently it's on a Colt CCU upper with an Aimpoint 3X-C.

Feedback Score
    Boy I might have opened a can of worms for my self? Came across the Trijicon MRO with the LaRue mount and now need to do some home work on them also, anyone care to act as the adult here and set me straight?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Boy I might have opened a can of worms for my self? Came across the Trijicon MRO with the LaRue mount and now need to do some home work on them also, anyone care to act as the adult here and set me straight?
    The good:
    Much lighter and smaller than an AP PRO, has an off position between 2 and 3 settings so you don't have to crank it up from 0 each time like the PRO, good battery life, 7075 body, made in USA.

The bad:
    Early MROs were not true 1x and had a tint, all the MROs are said to suffer from parallax issues. Green dot MRO battery life is much shorter than red.

The aggravating - doesn't come with any sort of lens covers.

I have both a PRO and early red dot MRO and prefer the MRO. The not-1x and tint were news to me when I read it because I never noticed and I shoot the MRO as well (or as poorly) as my other dot sights.

Andy

P.S. I forgot the MRO uses the common CR2032 battery instead of the weird battery Aimpoint uses. Admittdly, it's not hard to get some batteries online for the PRO and be set for years.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-06-20 at 15:24.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I pretty much always end up saying the same thing on these threads.

I preferred the MRO over the CompM3 (PRO was derived from this). The optical effect of the larger objective lens works for me, and the lighter weight is a bonus. Tint isn’t noticeable. Any new MRO (for years now) will not have the original noticeable magnification. Parallax is apparently a thing, but I’m not operator enough to be shooting upside down or around corners.

The “easy button” is still the PRO, but the MRO is a slightly different, and equal (once everything is considered) choice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If ya get a decent (doesn't need to be perfect) cheekweld, the parallax of the MRO is a non-issue.

The lighter weight of the MRO is certainly noticeable. Slight tint......you're not photographing something, so why does it matter? If you can identify the target, then you can perforate it.

Functionally, I see no real difference between the PRO, the ML3, and the M4.

The PRO was the last full sized RDS I bought. I bought the MRO after it, then another, so no more PROs for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love the size and clarity of the MRO but the parallax issue is real. I had one on the factory Trijicon absolute cowitness mount and when flipping up a Magpul MBUS Pro rear and shooting through it I was off a good 3” at 25yds.

I now have two AP PROs. Is there any harm in putting a little thread locker on the screw before tightening?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast