Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aimpoint PRO or Scope

Feedback Score
    So I have a question about irons with the MRO. I am set up irons only right now but eventually I would like to add a MRO on a lower 3rd mount. I am curious how much the already zeroed irons would shift due to looking through the RDS if any. Is this a thing?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerguns View Post
    So I have a question about irons with the MRO. I am set up irons only right now but eventually I would like to add a MRO on a lower 3rd mount. I am curious how much the already zeroed irons would shift due to looking through the RDS if any. Is this a thing?
    Confirming iron sight POI while zeroing the MRO is the simplest way to answer that question.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerguns View Post
    I don't know about the MRO, but I know the Aimpoint T2 does skew the image enough that POI is different when shooting the irons through the T2 when it's off.

If you are not using a QD mount and your plan is to shoot irons through the dead MRO you need to re-zero your irons that way.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Your absolute co-witness mount not co-witnessing with your irons makes your post make more sense. I took an AR with an MRO on an ADM lower 1/3 mount with me to the range today. I get a roughly 1.5" upward offset at 23 yards when centering the dot in the Troy BUIS aperture.

I agree that the sight exhibits more parallax error than what's ideal. I just read through the product information web page, and I don't see any mention of parallax, which I vaguelly recall reading previously. As I said earlier, if you put the dot into the center of the FOV (not hard when a proper cheekweld is used), there is no parallax. The further the distance to the target (which increases the error), the more time you should have to get it right.

You getting twice the POI offset from a more centered dot is odd.

The PRO is a solid optic, and I'm completely comfortable using one on an HD AR. I've been running my ML3 since 2011, with absolutely no issues so far.
    I'm guessing the Trijicon absolute mount is slightly taller than your ADM absolute mount.

Either way, to me having that much POI change from such slight "misalignment" of the red dot is not acceptable. It's a shame because I really like the MRO otherwise.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My ADM is a lower 1/3.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashAxe View Post
    I have purchased 14 PRO's for my and family member's rifles. I have recommended them to countless others. The LE agencies I used to work for use them. There has never been an issue with any of them. That says something about the quality and durability.

I change the covers so that both back and front are see-through. It isn't really necessary, but red dot sights aren't either for that matter. Iron sights have worked for centuries. LOL.

I'd rather spend the $14 or whatever it is to be able to look through the PRO rightfriggingnownownow without flipping a cover up, not have the mental disruption of an occluded eye sight I am not used to in an emergency, and still have the lenses protected.
    You don't need a see through front cover to use a RDS. I actually train people to use dot sights with the front covered. If it doesn't have a solid front cover I put a couple of pieces of electrical tape over it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    As of writing this, we have a like new in box Aimpoint Pro for $341.00. It won't last long at that price.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Want to put some sights on my Armalite AR10 and have a$450.00 budget left, Having a hard time picking which is best out to 300yds.
    Tx 5shank
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    So the question is "How Old" old enough to have 2 fake knees, a rebuilt left shoulder, 3 heart attacks (last one got me 4 way bypass last Nov 1st ) and 15 days in a crappy bed.The list is getting a bit long so I'll just say "I'm Old" The good news is I can still bench press 200 LBS 10 times X 5 sets and Don't for a minute think Old People can't get really pissed! Other then that it's great you young whipper snappers will take the time with the old folks which reminds me it's time for my double Meta Mucil latte .
    I would make a Clint-ism joke about using an AR10 for home defense, but I'm guessing hearing loss will not be an issue for you.

Old-people jokes aside, for 300 yards and in, your biological eyesight is going to be more of a factor than the optic. Any reasonable quality RDS, Prism, or LPVO you could get for your budget range will more than get the job done within that distance.
    So, the question here is, how good are your eyes? Do you have an astigmatism? Can you see a target at 300m with your naked eye?
    If you have an astigmatism, an RDS will NOT be your friend, but prisms and scopes will be fine.
    If you can't see a target out to 300 without mag, than ANY fixed 1x/0x will not be your friend, and you'll need an LPVO.

For your budget, you may want to check out the Primary Arms SFP LPVOs. IF you can find any in stock; Plus they're going for crazy prices on Ebay right now used.
    If you think a RDS will work, you probably can't beat that PRO price from RKB.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 06-11-20 at 16:44.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234