Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basement Dehumidifier

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Basement Dehumidifier

I have been going through Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifiers at the rate of 1 every 6 years. Yes, just outside of warranty...
    Even with regular cleaning and maintenance the coils rust and the freon leaks out. Does anyone make a durable dehumidifier?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I there a way to treat/coat the coils to prevent corrosion?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am not sure about rust proofing the coils. Maybe a new dehumidifier could be treated?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a Frigidaire 70pt too. Three years in on mine and its done great so far, fingers crossed. How many have you gone through?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is my third Frigidaire. Second 70 pint unit. It runs, the coils don't get cool, water doesn't collect in the bucket.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Do you let the bucket fill and it shuts off by itself,or do you have a hose on the bucket and it runs continuously ? I would burn one up every 3 to 5 years with the hose on the bucket. Mine now fill and shut off and I dump it everyday ! I have two and have had one for well over 10 years and the other one at least 6 or 7 ! I'm at work but will check Make/Model when I get home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I normally attach a hose to it and let it do its thing during the summer months. I stop it to clean the filter once a month. During the winter it is off and unneeded. Right now I have it just dripping into the bucket just to see if it will work. I suspect that it is shot as it threw a "FO" code.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I normally attach a hose to it and let it do its thing during the summer months. I stop it to clean the filter once a month. During the winter it is off and unneeded. Right now I have it just dripping into the bucket just to see if it will work. I suspect that it is shot as it threw a "FO" code.
    There ya go,,same thing happened with mine ! Its a pain but don't do the hose and just empty everyday and see what happens. Mine is off in the Winter also,I live Upstate/Central NY so we get good humid Summers and dam cold winters,LOL And for what its worth I have never cleaned mine,guess I never knew ya had to !

Feedback Score
    Kenmore. I’ve had one running almost non stop for 19 years.

I’m kind of afraid to post this because now it will probably go tits up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    This is my third Frigidaire. Second 70 pint unit. It runs, the coils don't get cool, water doesn't collect in the bucket.
    Does the screen say FO? I’m on my third. Both the previous ones did that. Outside of warranty but Frigidaire sent me my money back anyway. Mine last 2 or 3 years. They tell me to cut the cord and take a picture, and send them a picture of the screen saying FO. I dunno...I’m not having to spend more, but it is a pain to have to keep doing this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast