Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basement Dehumidifier

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    Kenmore. I’ve had one running almost non stop for 19 years.

I’m kind of afraid to post this because now it will probably go tits up.
    May go another 19, but the replacement isn't likely to do so.

Was talking to a guy a couple years back that had worked for a manufacturer of gas and electric motors, HVAC, and refrigeration and he said the last 5 or so years he was there the goal was to get a design that would fail a few months after warranty instead of lasting and being rebuildable. 1 guy so take it for what it is worth.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Anyone here have a Honeywell? According to my Amazon research, Honeywell is the only one to offer the same warranty. Frigidaire is 1 year and then 5 years on the "sealed system ".

Edited to discover that Amazon was incorrect. The 1 year/5 year must be an industry standard...
    Last edited by Krazykarl; 06-06-20 at 06:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is the solution found in purchasing an extended warranty from Lowe's? I usually don't buy extended warranties. Maybe it is justified with the dehumidifier market.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    We burn through one every other year or every third year. They don't seem to last very long. Bought a very expensive one from the local appliance store with assurances that it would outlast everything and it was on par with the run of the mill machines from Lowes/Home Depot.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    From a construction standpoint. When mechanical contractors install them in commercial construction they either drain immediately into a plumbed drain of they dump directly into a condensate pump to transfer the water. Don't let the water back up into the unit you want it to drain freely.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    I'm on my 4th Frigidaire in about 5 years. They keep replacing them under warranty. I keep hoping they figure out what the problem is with them.
    DK

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I checked and both mine are Frigidaire,one I didn't check ,my Bro-In-Law gave it to me about 5 or 6 years ago,my oldest one was built in 95 ! They don't run year round so maybe that's my saving grace,,lets hope I don't jinks myself,LOL Lets admit it,shit isn't built like it was when we grew up,,its built to fail sad to say !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Based on consensus that Frigidaire is the best, knowing that the warranty will probably work in my favor, and this websites research

http://www.dehumidifierbuyersguide.com/

I just ordered another 70 pint from Frigidaire. $225 Amazon. Be here Tuesday.

Feedback Score
    Yep, time for me to get one for my new house (new to me I should say). Frigidaire 70 pint on Amazon looks good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Update:

Just got off the phone with Frigidaire. Turns out my lovely bride did register the dehumidifier. It was under 5 years for the sealed portion of the warranty. I was given 2 options:

1. Frigidaire send me a new unit
    2. Frigidaire give me a prepaid debit card for the purchase of the new dehumidifier from Amazon.

I selected option 2 as the new unit will be here tomorrow. They need:

1. Original receipt or image of it.
    2. Picture of unit serial number
    3. Picture of error code. FO in this case.

So far, so good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12