Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Sling?

Feedback Score

Which Sling?

At work, I've used a single point bungee thing I can't stand (with a mash hook). My new BCM Reccee MCMR 11.5 has a number of QD options.

1 What do people find are the best slings for AR pistols?
    2 Best slings for the money?
    3 Where do you buy? LGS? Amazon?

I used to dabble in paracord, and toyed with the idea of making my own, but without experience on best lengths and fitment, I think I'll buy my first go around.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Trihonda; 06-21-20 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    At work, I've used a single point bungee thing I can't stand. My new BCM Reccee MCMR 11.5 has a number of QD options.

1 What do people find are the best slings for AR pistols? The best sling for a pistol is the same best sling for a carbine. VTAC, VCAS, Proctor, etc. I've currently got an upadded VCAS on my 11.5" Sionics.

2 Best slings for the money? None of these are expensive.

3 Where do you buy? LGS? Amazon? Neither. I buy VCAS directly from Blue FOrce Gear. Most of my VTAC slings came from LaRue.

I used to dabble in paracord, and toyed with the idea of making my own, but without experience on best lengths and fitment, I think I'll buy my first go around.

Thanks.
    I see no reason to mess with making a sling, when you can buy one that'll last 50 years for $50.

Feedback Score
    I use blueforce vcas and slingster.
    I think I prefer the vcas slightly for short term use. A pad will feel better for longer carry.

Vtac and proctor are also popular here.

Any of them will be good, splitting hairs as that point imo- what do you want it for? Long term carry? SD situations? Hunting?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have a padded BFG VCAS and like it. It’s the only one I’ve ever used so I have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do the Haley Strategic slings compare to BFG and similar options? Good, Bad, ...?

Or maybe a Magpul or Viking Tactics? The BFG I own were all purchased directly from BFG.

What other good overlooked options are out there?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Plenty of good options, including some smaller names that I haven’t had the need to try.

1. Padded VCAS “Vickers” sling by BlueForceGear
    This was the second sling I bought, I think, and the only one used through a carbine course. Adjustments are easy, sling is fairly light. Plenty of attachment options available from BFG. Preferred option (for me) when wearing a T-Shirt. Will be mounted on a 308 AR shortly.
    2. Standard VCAS sling
    I also have two non-padded VCAS slings that actually stay permanently mounted to my SBR and carbine. They’re fine. Less bulky for in the safe, but I’d probably put the padded one back on if carrying for a day.
    Note in both padded and non-padded VCAS slings: Given the option to go back in time, I think I would get metal hardware over plastic. Zero problems with plastic, but I have read that adjustments are slightly smoother with the metal hardware.
    3. Proctor sling
    Minimalist option. Slightly cheaper. Light. When I got another VCAS, this ended up on my leaf blower. I liked it, but liked the VCAS more. Probably wouldn’t be a favorite for walking patrol, if you have to do that (I never have).
    4. Magpul MS-
    I liked the adjustment slider. Material was heavier than the VCAS. Sold both of mind and got more VCAS.
    5. Viking Tactics VTAC sling
    The adjustments were slick but 100% more complicated than the VCAS (more dangly things). Use briefly and sold. Nothing wrong with it.

You might guess which sling I prefer. All the above are fine, I just found what I liked.
    There are some smaller options like the Sheriff of Baghdad SOB, Edgar Sherman Design ESD, and Ferro Slingster. Some people on here had another recommended one, too...Redwood or something like that.

As far as where to buy, I avoid Amazon for gun stuff.
    Blue Force Gear direct or Primary Arms on sale
    VTAC...sold everywhere
    Magpul...everywhere
    Proctor direct, but he links to his Amazon store
    SOB no idea
    ESD and Slingster are on Forward Controls Designs’ site.

Edit: Spelling. Every time.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 06-05-20 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've used the BFG, Emdom Gunslinger, VCAS, Magpul, Proctor and the B-Sling from SOBTactical on various deployments. My go-to favorite is the B-Sling.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    VCAS or VTAC

FYI...
    The QD on an SBA4 doesn’t work for me due to its’ location. Therefore I use endplate attachment.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I have 5 BlueForce Gear VCAS slings. 2 padded and 3 non padded. Three on AR's and 1 on Begara and 1 on 10/22. Obviously I like them a lot.. wish I'd had this sling in the Marines (especially the padded would have been nice with humps)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast