Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Sling?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the advice.. now I have to go google what VTAC and VCAS stand for... lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    Thanks for all the advice.. now I have to go google what VTAC and VCAS stand for... lol
    Vickers Combat Applications Sling™ from BFG

Vickers tactical slings
    With the introduction of my quick adjust two point sling design by Blue Force Gear, I felt it was time to share my thoughts on carbine slings. For those who have had my carbine classes this will be old news, but those who haven’t may enjoy reading this...
    Last edited by Sid Post; 06-06-20 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    Edgar Sherman sling. You can adjust it on the fly. Priceless design.
    https://www.edgarshermandesign.com/product/esd-sling/
    Last edited by Matt_J; 06-06-20 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    I have 7 or so BFG VCAS slings. They are very nice and you can’t go wrong with them. They’re simple and rugged. I have two of the padded variety but I like the standard version better as there’s more adjustment range for fitting. Because I use these for deer hunting, I like to be able to pull the sling super tight for the climb into the deer stand. The length of the pad on the padded version prevents making the necessary adjustments on the rear triglide. If I had to carry an 8 lbs rifle for hours on end or were wearing body armor, the padded would be the ticket though.

I have two Viking Tactics slings and they’re not bad. The added hardware, pull tabs, doo-dads, tails, etc make it seem like overkill. Some folks love them and I can see why.

Proctor WotG sling - I have one and I’m not that impressed. Super simple and super light but the paracord attachments come loose very easily and the sling twists/rolls excessively.

I have a Troy Industry padded sling. Pass on that one.

I have one Warhorse Concepts quick adjust sling. So far I’m very impressed. It works similar to the BFG VCAS but is lighter and less expensive. Mine has the plastic adjuster vs the metal cam.

I have two Zahal IDF slings and they are inexpensive and simple. Great for that clone look but the material is abrasive if you’re wearing a tee-shirt and there’s no rapid adjust.

I have a Blackhawk or some other garbage 3 point sling. Hard hard pass.

I have a PIG (Patrol Incidence Gear) 1 point sling. Pass.

I have been wanting to check out the following slings: SOB, Ferro Concepts, Snake Eater Tactical, Lunar Concepts, Armageddon Gear, and Edgar Sherman.

May buy a Haley Strategic one day too but I like HK, mash, or Magpul paraclips on the front and a QD on the rear. Sewn-in QD front plus the price tag kind of makes this one a no-go.

Savvy Sniper gets great reviews as well but it is expensive and looks complicated. Would like to try one but not at the price they’re asking.

I also make my own to tweak the various designs quirks of the above-mentioned slings that drive me crazy.

So I have a problem I guess.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 BFG VCAS slings, I really like the material they use, even in odd positions and with many layers of clothing they never roll and always stay perfectly oriented. I typically wear the sling under my backpack and there's nothing to tangle on the packs straps.

I also have several of my own DIY Edgar Sherman design slings. If you can sew webbing they're only about $7 worth of parts to build! I find they actually adjust easier then the VCAS. I don't have the cool silicone ring adjusters, just use a piece of heatshrinked paracord with a generic cord pull-tab.

Out of the two I don't consider either better, as I said I love the material of the VCAS but like the adjuster setup of the ESD better. Both styles are excellent and you can't go wrong with either!

Feedback Score
    just ordered a ESD today after years of training and working with a VTAC (Viking Tactics; Kyle Lamb's company). I have at least a half dozen VTAC slings on one weapon or another or waiting as a spare. Never had a problem. Saw a video with the Edgar Sherman design and just want to try the ESD and see if it eliminates the dangling ends that bother me. For customer service you can't be VTAC for sure. Awesome company and awesome guy
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    At work, I've used a single point bungee thing I can't stand. My new BCM Reccee MCMR 11.5 has a number of QD options.

1 What do people find are the best slings for AR pistols?
    2 Best slings for the money?
    3 Where do you buy? LGS? Amazon?

I used to dabble in paracord, and toyed with the idea of making my own, but without experience on best lengths and fitment, I think I'll buy my first go around.

Thanks.
    Everyone has a preference. I'm pleased with Magpul Slings. I'm using MS4 on my rifles. As far as where I purchase, I have ordered direct from Magpul,Govx, Optics Planet

Feedback Score
    Does anyone use an UrbanERT sling? I have one and I like it but I’ve never spent an entire day using it. It seems well made and carries quite well.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    How do the Haley Strategic slings compare to BFG and similar options? Good, Bad, ...?

Or maybe a Magpul or Viking Tactics? The BFG I own were all purchased directly from BFG.

What other good overlooked options are out there?
    I used the HSP sling for about a year, through a carbine class, hunting and other training and competition events. I am not LE or Mil, so I cannot comment in that lane.

I have several thousand rounds of 1-way range experience with it. I like the concept of this sling, being convertible for 2 point to 1 point. I stopped using it for one primary reason, when adjusting the pull quickly, either to tighten or loosen, the sling webbing had a tendency to fold over on it self and inside the tri-guide slide, locking up the sling and requiring several minutes and sometimes a tool to unjam it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My current go to is the Ferro Concepts slingster, I have 3 at the moment. I also have an LBT padded and have had BFG and also a VTAC, slingster is still my favorite.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast