Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Sling?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Which Sling?

At work, I've used a single point bungee thing I can't stand (with a mash hook). My new BCM Reccee MCMR 11.5 has a number of QD options.

1 What do people find are the best slings for AR pistols?
    2 Best slings for the money?
    3 Where do you buy? LGS? Amazon?

I used to dabble in paracord, and toyed with the idea of making my own, but without experience on best lengths and fitment, I think I'll buy my first go around.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Trihonda; 06-21-20 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihonda View Post
    At work, I've used a single point bungee thing I can't stand. My new BCM Reccee MCMR 11.5 has a number of QD options.

1 What do people find are the best slings for AR pistols? The best sling for a pistol is the same best sling for a carbine. VTAC, VCAS, Proctor, etc. I've currently got an upadded VCAS on my 11.5" Sionics.

2 Best slings for the money? None of these are expensive.

3 Where do you buy? LGS? Amazon? Neither. I buy VCAS directly from Blue FOrce Gear. Most of my VTAC slings came from LaRue.

I used to dabble in paracord, and toyed with the idea of making my own, but without experience on best lengths and fitment, I think I'll buy my first go around.

Thanks.
    I see no reason to mess with making a sling, when you can buy one that'll last 50 years for $50.

Feedback Score
    I use blueforce vcas and slingster.
    I think I prefer the vcas slightly for short term use. A pad will feel better for longer carry.

Vtac and proctor are also popular here.

Any of them will be good, splitting hairs as that point imo- what do you want it for? Long term carry? SD situations? Hunting?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have a padded BFG VCAS and like it. It’s the only one I’ve ever used so I have nothing to compare it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do the Haley Strategic slings compare to BFG and similar options? Good, Bad, ...?

Or maybe a Magpul or Viking Tactics? The BFG I own were all purchased directly from BFG.

What other good overlooked options are out there?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've used the BFG, Emdom Gunslinger, VCAS, Magpul, Proctor and the B-Sling from SOBTactical on various deployments. My go-to favorite is the B-Sling.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
    How do the Haley Strategic slings compare to BFG and similar options? Good, Bad, ...?

Or maybe a Magpul or Viking Tactics? The BFG I own were all purchased directly from BFG.

What other good overlooked options are out there?
    I used the HSP sling for about a year, through a carbine class, hunting and other training and competition events. I am not LE or Mil, so I cannot comment in that lane.

I have several thousand rounds of 1-way range experience with it. I like the concept of this sling, being convertible for 2 point to 1 point. I stopped using it for one primary reason, when adjusting the pull quickly, either to tighten or loosen, the sling webbing had a tendency to fold over on it self and inside the tri-guide slide, locking up the sling and requiring several minutes and sometimes a tool to unjam it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My current go to is the Ferro Concepts slingster, I have 3 at the moment. I also have an LBT padded and have had BFG and also a VTAC, slingster is still my favorite.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I learned very early on in my career that a sling makes a huge difference especially during lengthy standoffs. I own two Haley Strategic D3's and wouldn't buy any other sling in the future. You get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    Went with the Vickers 221. Here: https://www.blueforcegear.com/vicker...ng-2-to-1.html

I have A feeling this won’t be my last sling.

Thanks for all the advice.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast