Thread: CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 optic question

Feedback Score

CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 optic question

Posted this here as we have a couple PCC threads that're hot and no doubt someone has an answer!

Was thinking about one of those little Doctor-type RDS, the kind that can be mounted on a Glock slide for instance. Which optic of that variety is the bestest and which mount for it is the lowest? Not sure if it's possible but can it be co-witnessed?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I ran a Vortex Venom on a EVO Carbine for a bit because I thought it looked cool. It worked and co-witnessed but was a bit hard to find the dot because it was so low to the rail given the low (high?) sight height of both the gun and the top of the optic. It felt like there was no room to find the dot...

I run a Romeo 5 on my EVO and it co-witnesses and just feels right.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I ran a Vortex Venom on a EVO Carbine for a bit because I thought it looked cool. It worked and co-witnessed but was a bit hard to find the dot because it was so low to the rail given the low (high?) sight height of both the gun and the top of the optic. It felt like there was no room to find the dot...

I run a Romeo 5 on my EVO and it co-witnesses and just feels right.

Dennis.
    I went ahead and ordered one of the Venoms as my CZ has the MP-5 style dual-strut brace so the "cheek weld" should be a little lower than some of the other offerings. That might help alleviate some of the eye level clearance issues you mention.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I have an Aimpoint PRO in a low mount because I'm unimaginative and I had one one hand. But I'm happy with it. I might switch it with a MRO I have on a rifle, but I'd probably buy a low mount for it. My PCC is a CZ Scorpion Evo Pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was using a Vortex Sparc on the low mount ( no problems ) and just switched for a Sig Romeo5 as well on the same low mount from the Sparc. I wanted the MOTAC as I was sick of turning on and off the Sparc. As Dennis mentioned this felt most natural to me ( I tried a little Doctor type as well and a Eotech searching for the best sight picture.) Eotech was my second favorite for what its worth.
    Last edited by Freelance; 06-06-20 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    !@#$%^& Bass Pro sent me an email a few minutes ago that the order has been "delayed" and if not available in 60 days would cancel the order (how nice of them). Their ad should've mentioned that word I despise…..BACKORDER…..ahead of time and I'd have never ordered from their sorry asses. It showed as in-stock when I ordered. The charge is already pending on my CC. I'm a little pissed now, sorry.

EDIT: called Bass Pro this AM and got it cancelled and to nix the CC charge. Also found a 3 MOA Vortex Razor from Amazon that I ordered. About $150 more than the Venom, but actually in stock (yay!) and ostensibly a better RDS.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 06-07-20 at 08:38.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My holosun in its low mount ALMOST co-witnesses with the iron sights. Honestly though Im thinking about getting a taller mount because I find the 'heads up' shooting position more comfortable.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery