Thread: Veteran 223 Carbine at Gunsite

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Veteran 223 Carbine at Gunsite

Has anyone here done Gunsite? More specifically, carbine class at all? What was your experience like? I'm going in AUG 2021, my application was just approved.

Oh, I live in the area where Gunsite is, so I already know the weather, shops, etc. I'm more interested in what everyone's experiences were if they had already gone for training there.

They're doing a free class for five days for veterans only, has to be a GWOT veteran or served during GWOT at least, can still be active duty too. Since approved, I went back for more information such as what to bring, saw that it looked to still be open, so I am sharing it here.

Direct link if interested: https://www.gunsite.com/classes/vets...rbine-class-2/

Feedback Score
    Did the vets pistol class a few years ago ( also live within 45 minutes of gunsite ) fairly long days but nothing horrible.
    The equipment list put out by gunsite is pretty comprehensive, and covers things pretty well. Of course stay hydrated.
    Make sure the gear you have works, and my advice is to bring some backup gear in case something breaks on you, or a fellow student is struggling and needs help. A spare carbine is a good idea, and bring a bit more ammo than the guidelines state. In pistol we had guys running real low on ammo by the last day ( the instructors said they tended to move a bit faster with us than regular classes and burn a bit more ammo) luckily the staff provided some donated ammo to guys running low near the end of the class.
    Also buying the lunch package is well worth it. A very nice lunch and you will not have time to leave the range to get lunch on the economy. They have refrigerators available if you want to bring your own and keep it cold until break time
    Last edited by CAVDOC; 08-09-20 at 11:22. Reason: Additional info