Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Instructor Chad, School of the American Rifle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    He has one video where he gauges several 60s/70s era M16 bolts. He doesnt say where they came from but 1033/LEOSA guns is my guess....
    They belong to him.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Are you suggesting that Colt, LMT, KAC, Hodge are breaking out a multitude of different gauges and inspecting to that level of detail?
    YES,at some point in manufacturing time, yes. On every..single..bcg? Probably not. As one who has been in manufacturing for well over 20 years, including currently,
    one of the things that gives Colt, LMT, KAC and all other high quality, well respected makers, of not just AR's but ANYTHING...the level of respect & love they get is QC. Constant, never- ending, full time QC. QC inspectors with the instant, ultimate authority to shut down a line or production ASAP until a problem is fixed.
    Ive read here, and MANY other places, about the level of QC Colt puts into their government stuff. LMT Ive read about that also.
    So, on the well known makers yes. On say a PSA level part- hell no.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yes, he is a M4C member. His videos are quite educational.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...and-cutter-BCG

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    His Facebook group is excellent as well. Look up SOTAR to join

As far as QC goes most top level guys do have quality control inspectors. FN for example being ISO9001 and AS9100D certified is required to document and inspect every single part.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-06-20 at 21:05.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I find Chad’s videos both educational and entertaining. He doesn’t post too terribly much here, but he is around.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'd be interested to hear from SME's on this board. It seems that he goes a little overboard with all the gauging.

I can't imagine reputable manufacturers doing all of that anal-level inspection before assembly, but maybe I'm wrong.

Interesting and informative videos nonetheless.
    The manufacturers that have gov't contracts do inspect like that - they are required to, and have on-site gov't inspectors to ensure that things measure up (bad pun). They don't necessarily use the same gauges you see Chad using; think air-gauging, and other dedicated fixtures, and the like. That is the primary reason that Colt, LMT, etc. cost more.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'd be interested to hear from SME's on this board. It seems that he goes a little overboard with all the gauging.

I can't imagine reputable manufacturers doing all of that anal-level inspection before assembly, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any manufacturer worth their salt will perform 1st article, in process and final inspection. That may not mean 100% inspection, but some type of sampling plan should be in place. Avoid "manufacturers" that don't have dedicated QC and engineering functions, as they're likely not capable of process control or process validation/verification.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score

Thats one of the ways he diagnoses why and whats causing problems with rifles people send him.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He is such a prick, suffers from Napoleon syndrome. Posts more on his facebook page about banning people than he does tech stuff. I would love to meet him in person to see if he is as tough in real life as he tries to be behind his keyboard. Maybe that will happen one day. He begged and pleaded for his bootlickers to start a go fund me to buy him an over sized AR toy, they did, he couldn't afford it, then 3 weeks later buys a $6000 bullet trap for his shop lol. He even tried to DOX me on arfcom lol.
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 06-09-20 at 07:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    He is such a prick, suffers from Napoleon syndrome. Posts more on his facebook page about banning people than he does tech stuff. I would love to meet him in person to see if he is as tough in real life as he tries to be behind his keyboard. Maybe that will happen one day. He begged and pleaded for his bootlickers to start a go fund me to buy him an over sized AR toy, they did, he couldn't afford it, then 3 weeks later buys a $6000 bullet trap for his shop lol. He even tried to DOX me on arfcom lol.
    That’s an interesting perspective

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast