Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would stoner do....Brownells CS update......FYI

Feedback Score

What would stoner do....Brownells CS update......FYI

I pre-ordered one of these lowers in January.

Talked to a very helpful Gal who told me these would be at FFLs starting July.

Posting this because information seems unavailable other ways and it may be helpful to those who are interested.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Which lowers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Which lowers?
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod132660.aspx

Redo-improved polymer one piece lower....lite

Feedback Score
    Outstanding news!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This will devolve into a bash polymer thread.....

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    What would Stoner do? Probably roll over in his grave!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Some people's budgets don't allow for higher end options. In some cases, not even standard options. Case in point: I sat down with a few young men who were interested in shooting but worked in a factory for about $11/hr. After paying bills, they had $30-50 left over on payday. It took a while, but we were able to find them lower end stuff that worked until they could get jobs that paid better. The lower from the OP could be an option for individuals like I'm referring to.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I figured the whole WWSD thing would be popular among the reddit crowd but no so much on M4C. While this KE Arms version of the Cav15 lowers is probably the only decent polymer AR lower on the market, you're still left with a fixed stock you can't change and a pistol grip that you can't swap out either. I'm not sure the weight savings is all that significant either, seems like I read somewhere it was only a few ounces but I can't remember exactly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post

There is no reason why it should. If someone wants to start an intelligent thread about their complaints of polymer lowers, they should start a new thread. This one is dedicated to a product which has supposedly been improved and its even available yet.

I have zero complaints about the A1 stock lengths, after all, that is part of the reason I own a CavArms style lower. I don’t care about the few unique parts, a takedown pin isn’t something that needs replacing anyway, at least not very often. The pistol grip is also a non issue, after all, I knew what it was before I bought it.

On my CaVArms lowers I do wish it had the A1 buffer and spring, instead of carbine buffer and spring. It isn’t a huge deal, and like I said above, I knew it before bought them.

I think I bought 10 of the CavArms poly lowers. I’ve given some away, but of concern to me was that several of them when received new were already split along the front of the mag well. When I say split, I mean split in half (totally). I know that I can fix them, or at least I assume I can, and I bought them when they were dirt cheap, so I’m not worked up about it. Some day I’ll brace and glue it. Lastly, there are a few trigger packs that won’t fit. The interior is very tight. It isn’t the end of the world, but again, I’ll point out that I bought these dirt cheap. Had I bought just one for a review, and it were to have been received damaged and trigger packs not fitting as well as triggers being tight, it would be scathing indeed.

I bring up the above things as items to look out for if and when you purchase one of the new KE Arms lowers. It sounds like they have fixed a bunch of issues, so hopefully it is all well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I figured the whole WWSD thing would be popular among the reddit crowd but no so much on M4C. While this KE Arms version of the Cav15 lowers is probably the only decent polymer AR lower on the market, you're still left with a fixed stock you can't change and a pistol grip that you can't swap out either. I'm not sure the weight savings is all that significant either, seems like I read somewhere it was only a few ounces but I can't remember exactly.
    As the saying goes, ounces is pounds. It’s been a while since I watched any of the WWSD videos but I believe they also talked about using a carbon fiber rail. I don’t know how much weight that will save but it will depend on what it’s compared to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast