Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: AR mag longevity and reliability ?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    But remember you actually have to use items to see if there is a problem with them....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I ran some Brit SA-80 steel mags that were surplussed here years back. I think I put a magpul follower in them at some point. They run great, but are way too heavy for any sort of load out.

I ran them weekly to keep my USGI mags away from wear and tear, but these things never quit.
    Lol I remember when they first came out... Heavier they were indeed but way better than the cheap shitty aluminum ones we had beforehand which you just had to look at wrong to result in bent feed lips and which had maximum tilt followers 😁😁

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SA80Dan View Post
    Lol I remember when they first came out... Heavier they were indeed but way better than the cheap shitty aluminum ones we had beforehand which you just had to look at wrong to result in bent feed lips and which had maximum tilt followers ����
    I still have them somewhere. Rattle canned and all. I need to dig them out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still have them somewhere. Rattle canned and all. I need to dig them out.
    Nice. If I remember right I think there was a batch of the HK mags which were complained about due to weak springs (but of course that's easily rectified).

Feedback Score
    This thread reminded me of some HK metal mags I got for barely over half price years ago. I have two 20 rounders and two 30 rounders. They are buried in the safe and never used. Any thoughts on these?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I guess I'm the only one old enough to remember COOPERS and SANCHEZ usgi mags? (shitty mags from when they'd let idiots use the tooling to manufacture and supply the military mags)

Colt/NHMTG 20s are often overlooked property. But any good Aluminum 30 with mil spec stainless spring is ok for me. Pmags are sprinkled in here and there too. I have an ETS see through mag that's pretty cool and has never givin me a problem.
    I was looking at my aluminum mags yesterday and found a Sanchez 30. I've never used it much and it's never given me any problems... yet.
    What the verdict on Mission First Tactical? They are on sale at my LGS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You had feeding issues with the Lancers? I'm heavy on Lancers, could you give some details, please? Has it happened more than once? What ammo, rifles?
    Not me personally, I’m going off the USMC trials. But I take that seriously since the Lancers were the worst performing mag they tested. Since I have a number of them, I’ll just use for training and if they get abused, so what? But I won’t buy any more. I’ve got plenty of USGI aluminum for long term storage, and to leave in vehicles, as I know those won’t really age or get brittle, with PMAG M3 as the go to mag for trouble.

Feedback Score
    bummer kinda. just got 8 lancers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    Not me personally, I’m going off the USMC trials. But I take that seriously since the Lancers were the worst performing mag they tested. Since I have a number of them, I’ll just use for training and if they get abused, so what? But I won’t buy any more. I’ve got plenty of USGI aluminum for long term storage, and to leave in vehicles, as I know those won’t really age or get brittle, with PMAG M3 as the go to mag for trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosin46 View Post
    bummer kinda. just got 8 lancers
    Wasn't that test done with M855A1 ammo? I think that's where the Lancer was beaten by the gen 3 PMAGs. As I'm a little short on m855A1, there's probably no reason for concern.

Feedback Score
    thanks. my assortment is what it is right now. gen3s,lancers and asc steel. and i hope they stay good loaded because they are and will be. everything i have found says they will be fine. guess everyone has heard the story of some ww2 1911 mags being found fully loaded,stowed away since then and still functional. prob true story?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast