Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AR mag longevity and reliability ?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I hear Brownell's is now shipping their GI mags with Magpul followers. Would any of you recommend these over Okay, or NHMTG?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I hear Brownell's is now shipping their GI mags with Magpul followers. Would any of you recommend these over Okay, or NHMTG?

I don’t know that I’d recommend them over Okay, but if they have stainless springs they’ll be good mags.

Feedback Score
    I personally use mostly Okay USGI magazines, but I've got a number of gen. M2/M3 PMAGs, too. They both have advantages/disadvantages: PMAGs can split when dropped while loaded onto hard surfaces (I've personally never had it happen, because I almost never drop a loaded magazine in a hurry). USGI mags can be bent and have issues when guys try to bend them back into the appropriate shape. Some people have the patience; some don't.

It's probably good to note that partially spine-split PMAGs will sometimes continue to feed reliably in a pinch, from what I've read. I can't (won't) personally verify that, and unless you're up against an acutely life-and-death scenario, just pitch the ****ed up magazine and carry on.

Perhaps my sole complaint about the gen 3 PMAGs is that, while they included the 'dust cover', they removed the coolest part of the gen 2 dust covers: the ability to snap it to the bottom of the magazine while not in use. Like any of us need one more thing in our pockets.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456