Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cutting down sba3 brace questions

Feedback Score
    Take advantage of a good situation while you can. Those of us who have gone thru' the SBR process (if you really want to see chit de bull....) can tell you about a waste of time and money.
    More, there are restrictions on transporting Class III stuff out of state that you need not address with a brace.
    Don't poke the bear; leave that brace alone.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Yeah, I have no intention of modifying the brace as I think its good to go as is, what I saw which was my original question I guess is referred to as the "tuck mod". The first few photos I had seen made it look like the brace was cut, when it was just turned into itself.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Threads like these just reinforce my belief that you're better off e-file form 1'ing your lower and not have to worry about any of this nonsense. If you want to travel, fill out the paperwork, it's good for a whole year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Threads like these just reinforce my belief that you're better off e-file form 1'ing your lower and not have to worry about any of this nonsense. If you want to travel, fill out the paperwork, it's good for a whole year.
    This was my reasoning when I did the paperwork on my Scorp.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Modifying the brace kind of defeats the purpose.
    And I think this is the problem. If it’s been modified to the point it can no longer function as a brace by sticking your hand in it and securing it for one handed operation, might be considered over the line. A previous ATF opinion letter stated even removing the Velcro straps on an SB brace is a violation.

Now tucking the rear of the SBA3 should be fine as it’s not a permanent change.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some o' you guys must do alot o' shootin' around ATF agents.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Seriously! 😂

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    Seriously!
    I know right! I know all the guys at the range, their wives, kids, in-laws and the family goldfish

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    Seriously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I know right! I know all the guys at the range, their wives, kids, in-laws and the family goldfish
    All of this is fine and dandy but that doesn’t mean we should just tell someone to do whatever they want. It’s still a good idea to tell someone what the law says (to the best of your ability) and let them decide what they want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    All of this is fine and dandy but that doesn’t mean we should just tell someone to do whatever they want. It’s still a good idea to tell someone what the law says (to the best of your ability) and let them decide what they want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I actually don't have a dog in this fight. I don't own anything that has a brace and honestly I don't care what others do. However, I was being sarcastic. I don't know who I shoot around. I don't talk to these people so quite possibly I shoot around ATF guys, or maybe Secret Service guys or astronauts, or plumbers or who the hell knows I'm not the get to know you type

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast