Thread: Ghosted by BLC Holsters - Updated In OP

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Ghosted by BLC Holsters - Updated In OP

I ordered and received a confirmation notice for a Safariland holster on 26 May, and nothing since. I have replied to the confirmation email and through the site "contact us" requesting a status update. I have also attempted to contact them by phone on multiple occssions, leaving a voice mail each time. No return contact from the company.

UPDATE - Received an email on 10 June explaining he was overwhelmed and that my holster would be shipped directly from the msnufacturer. I have a holster coming from Azon already, but can use a second one, so I'm going to wait it out.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-12-20 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Is there another step or should I wait before I have the CC company cancel/charge back payment?
    Not in my opinion - I did the same thing for a new gun belt - ordered, received confirmation, they took payment... then nothing.... a month, several more attempts at contacting them, nothing listed on their website. Well beyond expected fulfillment timeline. Disputed it with the CC and got my money back.

Unless people are actually in the hospital, they can respond to emails / phone calls. If they are that incompetent, I'll take my business elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    If it is a Safariland and not in stock, Safariland is about eight weeks out right now. You may not see it for a while whoever you order from. In fact, you may be losing your place in line.

However, there is no excuse for such poor customer service. Telephone calls and emails should be returned promptly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I do want to say that I am not trying to paint BLC in a bad light - these are very unusual times we are living in.

Yes, the holster model is out of stock on multiple other vendors' sites (but not Amazon).

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the website:

The owner, Douglas Kies, has shot competitively in Bullseye, IDPA, USPSA, and Steel Challenge leagues. He is currently a life member of the Front Sight Firearms Training facility in Pahrump, NV where he frequents multiple times a year. He is currently a full-time Law Enforcement Officer in Arizona and is retired from the U.S. Army/ Army National Guard. He is a certified AZ POST Law Enforcement handgun Instructor, shotgun instructor and patrol rifle instructor as well as an NRA Law Enforcement handgun instructor. He has carried a gun and been involved in shooting for sport and work for over 25 years and knows how important it is to have a durable, comfortable holster.

The bolded may have some bearing on why customer service is kind of lacking, IDK.

I generally try to avoid the 'I do this on the side' vendors because I had terrible luck with those guys in another activity.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I honestly hope Mr. Kies makes it through the current unpleasantness safely.

This is one of the weird situations where I don't need the holster for a month or so, but I need the holster after that. The 63xx series ALS for a G17 with light seem to be disappearing from stock everywhere and I am concerned that Safariland may be replacing that series with the 73xx.

I ordered one from Amazon yesterday.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Update - still no holster or communication from BLC, recommend against buying from them.

Andy