Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Vickers Tactical Masterclass 1911 (Lipsey's Exclusive)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Springfield Armory Vickers Tactical Masterclass 1911 (Lipsey's Exclusive)

Springfield website: Link.

Short version: An inexpensive, almost custom (yes, almost) grade 1911.

No rail dust cover. Wilson retro rear sight, retro commander-style hammer, and a Wilson sear. Ameriglo tritium/orange ring front sight. No extended mag well. Black T finish. No forward cocking serrations. Grips are, weirdly, not VZs, even though VZ makes three different Vickers Tactical grip sets, and have a funny logo on them that doesn't look like the usual Vickers Tactical logo. Ships with Wilson ETM-Vs. Only available in 45 Auto.

I like parts of it - the retro rear sight and hammer - but other parts make me wonder, "Why?" Like the grips (pretty much everything about the grips, apart from the material) and the cocking serrations. It's like they were trying to go for a retro gun with a modern spin (like the front sight... and pretty much only the front sight), and then decided that it was too much work.

Springfield's politics aside, and without handling one, this gets a big, "meh," from me; but I'm sure it will be on par with SAI's TRPs.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I think it looks fantastic. I too would prefer normal serrations, but still, it looks fantastic.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I think it looks fantastic.
    Buy it counselor ! When you get tired of it, sell it to me. I'll even throw in a Longhorn Steak.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like it. With that MSRP it should be competitive with Dan Wesson / CZ.
    "Adrenaline + tunnel vision + a little disbelief = that John Wayne moment" - Firefly

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a Lipsey SA 1911 in 9mm that is a sweet gun. Also, I bought a Glock 19 with NP3 barrel and the nice front orange Ameriglow NS. My two Lipsey experiences have been very good.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anyone know of any dealers that have this yet and what the street price is?

Feedback Score
    This is gonna be a must have for me!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I really like the looks of this also! Definitely going to be a serious consideration.

Feedback Score
    Any insight how this gun will compare to the TRP?
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by philcam View Post
    Anyone know of any dealers that have this yet and what the street price is?
    Scottsdale Gun Club has them for $1,399.00

They have a website for buying goodies.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast