Hello All, Longtime lurker (15+ years) first time poster. I've been playing and tweaking with a wildcat I designed for the last few years and finally at a point where I would like for it to be more than just a range toy.

It's a 22 caliber pipsqueak that does some impressive #'s from short barrels (which is what I designed it for) I'm getting 2550 ft/sec with 40gr bullets and 2225 with 53gr v-max's from a 5" barrel.

I have made a second barrel @ 5.5" and plan to continue shortening this one (it started at 6" and 2700 ft/sec with 40's)

I have a sbr'd lower and made myself something to scratch a childhood dream (owning a mp5k type gun only better)

I would like your advice and input as to what bullet weight/type of bullet could actually be a viable defense load.

QL has predicted over 2600 ft/sec with 32gr fbph which I have and will likely send a few over the chrono just to see what #'s I get

I don't have gel to test loads. I was thinking the 53gr varmint bullets may expand nicely at said velocities but thats purely theoretical at the moment. not sure if water jug testing would really show much.

An alternative thought was maybe a 55 or 62gr gold dot/fusion QL predicts right around 2000 ft/sec and I've read they expand down to 1600 ft/sec so that would give me more than the 50yds I'd hope for.

Here's a few pictures of what i'm playing with.

And another wildcat in the works.....I'll get to the details of this one later