Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms midweight CHF barrels are back.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Why does it matter where Centurion has their barrels made if the quality remains the same or is improved? Corrie, Monty and team know what they are doing and would never sacrifice their name or reputation.
    I think guys are making this a bigger deal than it is. It would've been nice to know that they switched barrel manufacturers as a discerning buyer, but I'm more than willing to give Centurion the benefit of the doubt considering their reputation. That's also the impression I got from the other posters wanting to know who the new supplier is.
    Last edited by AAMP84; 07-09-20 at 11:32.

Feedback Score
    Monty has stated on several forums and interviews that FN offers advantages over other makers due to materials and processes that are exclusive to FN. These advantages are, in his own words, the reason he used FN and what made them the best. Until now, you knew what you were getting when you ordered from him. What are you getting now? Is the product equal, greater, or less than what was previously sold. Myself and several others have purchased a product of unknown quality and origin. That’s why it bothers me.

If You purchased a Nightforce or Razor HD 2/3 and later found out production had been moved from LOW in Japan to another manufacturer would you feel you’d ordered the same product even though it carried the same name?
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 07-09-20 at 13:03.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    I purchased one of the barrels in question and it arrived today. They are marked as follows “CHF/CL/LW 1-7 5.56 NATO CENTURION ARMS.” No other markings to speak of except an S and 4 on either side of the barrel extension. I do not have the opportunity to currently post pictures.

For those that are concerned and have purchased a barrel, have you attempted to reach out to Centurion? They have responded in a timely fashion to my emails this week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haikufunk View Post

For those that are concerned and have purchased a barrel, have you attempted to reach out to Centurion? They have responded in a timely fashion to my emails this week.
    Yes. I sent an email on the 7th and got an auto response stating they were out of the office and shipping could be belayed until the 10th. One of my orders have already shipped despite the message warning of delayed shipping. If they respond, I’ll be sure to share what they say.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Monty has stated on several forums and interviews that FN offers advantages over other makers due to materials and processes that are exclusive to FN. These advantages are, in his own words, the reason he used FN and what made them the best. Until now, you knew what you were getting when you ordered from him. What are you getting now? Is the product equal, greater, or less than what was previously sold. Myself and several others have purchased a product of unknown quality and origin. That’s why it bothers me.

If You purchased a Nightforce or Razor HD 2/3 and later found out production had been moved from LOW in Japan to another manufacturer would you feel you’d ordered the same product even though it carried the same name?
    I have both a Razor 1-6 and 1-10. Idgaf the actual factory that made it because it really doesn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't see these available anywhere. Anyone know where I can still get one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I have both a Razor 1-6 and 1-10. Idgaf the actual factory that made it because it really doesn’t matter.
    This right here ^
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    I made a big deal over nothing it seems.

Corrie’s response to my email stated that all specs were the same except the smaller gas ports across the board. She also stated that they haven’t sourced from FN for many years.

Feedback Score
    This is a good example of why some manufacturers don't list their sources. Why give yourself the burden of having to answer questions every time a supplier is changed. Of course, if they were advertising a particular supplier and using it as a selling point, they need to provide what they advertised.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    I made a big deal over nothing it seems.
    Yeah, we know.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast