Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms midweight CHF barrels are back.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if these lightweight barrels also have the keyhole to align with the Centurion Arms keyed gas block? Their stainless barrels have the key and their pinned gas block is a feature that separates them from their competitors.
    The 12.5" mid weight mid length barrel that I received about two weeks ago does have the keyed gas block. I ordered it with the pinned gas block option, so it is pinned and does not have set screws, because the key is used to center the block on the barrel.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    I’m anxious to see how the socom’s perform.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    On both 14.5" and 16"? What happened, was it for suppressor optimization? These are Hodge barrel gas port sizes as stated above the old Centurion mids were all running .080" ports
    The new run of 16" and 14.5" mid length gassed barrels have been changed to .075. The 14.5" carbine SOCOM profile barrels are ported at .062.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Makes me wonder how anyone in their right mind would pay $250 for a nitrided Black River Tactical barrel when they could have a hammer forged and chrome lined barrel from Centurion for $11 more.
    There are many barrel makers in that price range, it strikes me as oddly specific that you make the comparison between BRT and Centurion.

I don't really have a dog in this fight - I have 1 BRT barrel installed and my 18" 5.56 would have a Centurion barrel if Rainier didn't clearance their HF/CL Mountain barrels out for $150.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-03-20 at 05:26.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    There are many barrel makers in that price range, it strikes me as oddly specific that you make the comparison between BRT and Centurion.

I don't really have a dog in this fight - I have 1 BRT barrel installed and my 18" 5.56 would have a Centurion barrel if Rainier didn't clearance their HF/CL Mountain barrels out for $150.

Andy
    The Rainier Mountain Series barrels are made by Either Criterion or FN, not Centurion.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Makes me wonder how anyone in their right mind would pay $250 for a nitrided Black River Tactical barrel when they could have a hammer forged and chrome lined barrel from Centurion for $11 more.
    Please show me the data providing evidence that chrome lined is superior to nitrided.

Please show me the data providing evidence that hammer forged is superior to button rifled.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Please show me the data providing evidence that chrome lined is superior to nitrided.

Please show me the data providing evidence that hammer forged is superior to button rifled.
    I don't have to show you squat. Buy what you want.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't have to show you squat. Buy what you want.
    Thanks for contributing nothing other than parroting BS you read on the internet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Thanks for contributing nothing other than parroting BS you read on the internet.
    Well, if that was all I did, it was still more than you contributed.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    The new run of 16" and 14.5" mid length gassed barrels have been changed to .075. The 14.5" carbine SOCOM profile barrels are ported at .062.
    Yes, this is what Corrie related to me as well. When they switched to a new barrel maker (no longer FN) for this latest run, they transitioned to a .075 gas port.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast