Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurion Arms midweight CHF barrels are back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Makes me wonder how anyone in their right mind would pay $250 for a nitrided Black River Tactical barrel when they could have a hammer forged and chrome lined barrel from Centurion for $11 more.
    I think it would depend on application. BRT is quality stuff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I think it would depend on application. BRT is quality stuff
    BRT is quality stuff, completely agreed. However, in what application do you envision a nitrided AR barrel being superior to this hammer forged, chrome lined one, especially this particular Centurion barrel that likely excels in accuracy and longevity? Honest question.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    BRT is quality stuff, completely agreed. However, in what application do you envision a nitrided AR barrel being superior to this hammer forged, chrome lined one, especially this particular Centurion barrel that likely excels in accuracy and longevity? Honest question.
    They offer their gas system and different sized ports etc.. for a suppressed only gun I would likely go with them over centurion. I would also consider brt over them for a more precision based build. I think a little more accuracy potential. That being said centurion's recce would be an even better option but it is around $400.

I love Centurion and for a hard use gun would pick them all day, but quality options are good.

Several here have posted some impressive results with the BRT barrels in the ongoing thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do like the has port options they offer, but that's easily fixed on another barrel with one of their gas block inserts or gas tubes. Either way, I don't see a nitrided AR barrel being worth $250. Especially compared to this awesome Centurion option for essentially the same price. The BRT barrel is definitely overpriced IMO.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If one has to use a gas volume reducer from BRT to correct gas port sizing, then any price comparison between barrels would have to consider the additional $50 cost to purchase the item to get what you really wanted anyway.
    They are different products. I’ll hazard a guess that BRT does a lower volume than Centurion, so any pricing has to be higher to be viable.
    This is an unnecessary comparison. I like and have purchased directly from both companies. And will do so again.

What I’m really curious about is any relationship between BRT’s and Geissele’s over-midlength gas systems on 16” carbines.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 06-15-20 at 22:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Makes me wonder how anyone in their right mind would pay $250 for a nitrided Black River Tactical barrel when they could have a hammer forged and chrome lined barrel from Centurion for $11 more.
    Amen!

Feedback Score
    Too bad there aren’t any 16” in stock.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is this Centurion barrel made by FN? How's it compare to the Noveske FN barrels?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Centurion has good quality barrels, but BRT offers features that, to me, are more important than CHF and chrome lining.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Centurion has good quality barrels, but BRT offers features that, to me, are more important than CHF and chrome lining.
    They do offer nice features. But the price/performance doesn't make sense to me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast