Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock mags

Feedback Score
    I’m a fan of OEM, but have no problems carrying with Magpul or ETS. And my primary carry in my G43X is a Shield Arms S15

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I shoot steel almost exclusively and I run PMAGs in Glock 19 and Glock 17 all the time. I am also running Glock 21 rounders in my AR9 with no issues. I wonder if it is because I get my 9mm with lacquer vice poly. I have ran the poly in my Glock 17 and Glock 19 ones when I forget it run them.

I do have ETS but they were because they were 9.99 each for 31 rounders.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I shoot steel almost exclusively and I run PMAGs in Glock 19 and Glock 17 all the time. I am also running Glock 21 rounders in my AR9 with no issues. I wonder if it is because I get my 9mm with lacquer vice poly. I have ran the poly in my Glock 17 and Glock 19 ones when I forget it run them.

I do have ETS but they were because they were 9.99 each for 31 rounders.
    I didn't see any issues until it got colder out - say in the 40, low 50s with the PMAGs. I had several range trips through them, so they had a couple hundred through each of them (3xP15 / 3xP17s) and I was shooting mostly Wolf 115gr Military Classic and some Tula 115gr ammo. It seemed to start with the Tula one range trip, which I initially attributed to the G19 I was breaking in. Cleaned the gun and the mags, then tried again. Same general result with Wolf, then I started to figure it out by flicking the rounds out and seeing they were very very slow coming up. Used OEM mags with the same Wolf / Tula ammo and G19; ran like a top. After that I just stopped using them with steel, then sold a ton of unopened spares off.

I have some 22rd ETS that have been fine with everything, but don't get me started on their G43 mags (they suck ass).

Feedback Score
    I use mostly factory mags, but have a bunch of Magpuls for my 19 and 17. I also use the 21 rounders in my carbine. They have been 100% for me. I have not shot steel ammo out of them. Like others have stated though the OEM mags are affordable enough for me.

I have had bad luck with ETS mags especially for my 43.

Korean mags are a no go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do particularly like the Magpul 21s for spares.

Feedback Score
    The KCI mags are great for training clearing jams, etc. Shouldn't be anywhere near your carry gear however.

Magpul mags haven't given me any issues but it seems like no matter how hard you try you can't get the full capacity loaded in them.

Factory Glock mags have never been a problem.

Feedback Score
    I've had good luck with Magpuls too and recently ordered more. The Korean Mags, not so much. I do have some ETS Mags, but haven't run them enough to feel like I can trust them yet.

Feedback Score
    I have about 10 each of Magpul 15, 17, and 21 round Glock mags with a few mag related failures early on. I mainly use the 21 rounders for range days at work.

My carry and duty mags are OEM Glock. The duty mags have the Glock +2 basepads so they will run with my Dawson ICE magwell.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    I run mostly OEM mags but magpul has given no problems. I run OEM with TTI base pads for USPSA carry optics and have started running a magpul 21 round mag to test in high round count use, so far the magpul has been 100% after a year of use.
    Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run OEM in my Glock pistols, but a combo of ETS, Magpul and Glock in my Extar EP9 with no problems...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast