Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock mags

Feedback Score
    I run mostly OEM Glock for my G22 & G17, but also have some Magpul that are handy, especially when the Glock mags happen to be unavailable. I initially had some feed problems couple of years ago with OEM G17 mags, but after a bit seemed to sort itself out. I have some Glock OEM 10 round mags I got during the Brady bill years, & I use them exclusively as range so they're pretty beat up, but still function after all these years without any spring replacements.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just ran another 40 flawless rounds through my PF9C using Magpul mags, 17 and 21 rounder, no issues at all.

Feedback Score
    I've used everything I can get my hands on over the years.

I bought into Glock (17 gen 4) a day or two after Sandy Hook after years behind 1911s. I was well behind the curve on magazines and whatever was in stock got stuffed with ammo and used.

KCI are hit or miss and in my experience more hits than not. Out of maybe 16 of them, I've only had one malfunction, from one mag and a consistent one at that...failure to lock the slide back on empty. After seeing everyone else's issues, they are practice only for me. One never knows when something is going to "lemon" on them and I'd rather just use high-potential lemons for range fodder. At times, they can be had for 8 bucks, so why not?

SGM seems to be KCI but are quality checked stateside before being sent out. Good fit, finish and function but a bit pricier than KCI.

ETS is neat and I love seeing the rounds. I've dropped a few loaded on gravel and cringed but after checking, there were no problems other than some scratches. Always functioned well.

Magpul I've never had issue with, though the lack of metal insert bugs me. Probably isn't an issue in reality but I'm weird like that.

The only carry mag for me is OEM, though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OEM and KCI have been completely flawless for me including several hundred rounds of Winchester forged steel case.

ETS and Pmag both choked on forged. Both would get a round stuck about half loaded requiring jarring the round looose. Not sure exactly what would happen in the pmag, but the ets would often stack 2 of the forged on top of each other instead of staggering. Both brands have been perfect with brass and aluminum.

Feedback Score
    I prefer oem mags. That being said i keep about 4-5 pmags that are used only in range sessions and training but have been 100 percent flawless. Oem for me are edc and stock piling. I wouldnt feel scared if all i had was pmag though and i have never shot one round of steel cased ammo in my glocks so i cant comment on that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a couple Magpul Glock mags back in like 2016 maybe, but never even unwrapped them. I basically just buy OEM mags now.
    My question is about the Glock +2 extensions. Are they gtg? It seems like I’ve heard anecdotes of mags with the extensions on them being dropped or bumped and the extensions popping off and dumping their payload of rounds, however the extensions seem to be in pretty wide use so it doesn’t seem like they could be too trouble prone.
    I’ve thought about getting the extensions for my 24 rounders to see if they might fit better in my Uzi mag pouch. Standard 24s sit a bit too low in the pouch to be easily extracted, I'm thinking a +2 might make them a bit easier to grab.

And here’s one thing I’ve always wondered. The Glock 33 rounders are basically 31 round mags with the +2 extension. That’s pretty much the standard configuration you see for them. How come Glock doesn’t just produce a straight up 33 round mag in lieu of the 31+2 mag?

Feedback Score
    I think you hear about the non OEM extensions popping off, e.g., the taran tactical type extensions. I have never heard anyone discuss the glock OEM +2 extensions popping off.
    Last edited by BigTex2000; 11-05-20 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo4418 View Post
    I think you hear about the non OEM extensions popping off, e.g., the taran tactical type extensions. I have never heard anyone discuss the glock OEM +2 extensions popping off.
    The OEM +2s are hard enough to put on, that is for sure! Mine have been fine (+2s on G17 mags and OEM G19X 19rd mags).

Feedback Score
    I've used 9mm ETS mags for Glocks in the 17 rd sizes and 31 rd sizes (all smoke/clear) for a few years. I wouldn't trust my life to them, but I don't think I've ever had a malfunction. This is using them with brass case ammo and aluminum case Blazer, in a Glock handgun and AR style carbine that takes Glock mags. I really like the fact that the mags are clear.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaramillo4418 View Post

I had thought it was the OEM extensions that I heard that about, however I could easily be misremembering.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast