Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock mags

Feedback Score

Glock mags

As far as overall quality and reliability, I think most people would put Glock OEM mags at the top of the list. Is there any brand that would be considered a close second (not that there's a lot of options out there)?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The magpul mags aren’t duty quality but for bulk range use they’re good.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Close second I’d say PMAGS maybe ETS. I do not have experience with ETS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    As far as overall quality and reliability, I think most people would put Glock OEM mags at the top of the list. Is there any brand that would be considered a close second (not that there's a lot of options out there)?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I have several thousand rounds through PMAGS and carry one in my G26 exclusively. I have yet to have any feed-lip or spring issues to this point, but I do have about 25 or so of them so it's not like I'm hammering rounds through two or three of them. Same thing really with the ETS mags, they have always worked while at the range. This includes dropping empty and full on concrete. Neither of them have broken on me, yet.

That all being said, I do prefer factory mags for every day carry, the G26 12-rounder aside because Glock does not make one this nice.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Other than not reliably feeding rough steel cases ammo, pmags are excellent. They seem to have more spring than the OEM mags since they are more difficult to load. I have never gone to duty, so someone can correct me, but I think they are just as reliable with quality ammo. Also, they can be easily cleaned unlike the OEM mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive owned ETS mags almost from their beginning, they are good to go. I own many of them in different capacities...they are great.
    On some of the very first runs they had bad springs. I had one mag with a bad spring, called, they shipped me a new one, no problems since.
    I dont like the Magpul Glock mags, ETS are the only one other than factory Ill use.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    While I have a decent supply of OEM 9mm Glock mags, I have been impressed with both ETS and Magpul. For normal range sessions, I usually have a mix of all three and all have nearly perfect performance history (it is a Glock platform after all). On top of the reliability, I several different Glock pistols and varied PCCs.

I was an early adopter of the ETS mags and had a few weak springs too. They fixed those in a timely basis and great reliability since. I have had some 3-4 foot drops, some purposeful, where ETS mags will use out a round or two.

Magpul mags are pretty adequate too. That is my EDC in a G26, also thoroughly reliable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My magpul mags for my G19 have been excellent except in 1 case: steel cased ammo

As I recall they work fine, but loading them was tricky and the rounds rattled. Using brass case has been flawless.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The magpul mags are more susceptible to mud/dirt because the material is fiber glass reinforced polymer. The Glock OEM is steel lined polymer so friction becomes and issue if there is a foreign material in there rubbing between the mag wall and case. To Magpul’s credit, there are easy AF to take apart and clean when that happens.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I keep about 1 PMAG for every 3 OEM Glock Mags. They mix into my range sessions without any hiccups. I would not fret if the ratio were 1:1 PMAG vs OEM. I'd grab one and run it in any "situation". But then again, I'm just a plinking civilian.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast