Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock mags

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Had another mag issue at a match today. Double feed. Mag related. I’m dx’ing the magpul mags from the match rotation as it’s hurt me in two consecutive matches in different ways.

The mag springs seem noticeably softer and the rounds come out with almost no pressure at times.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My only experience is OEM, MagPul and Korean.

Glock OEM mags have been flawless so far. We went Glock in the early 90s, with many thousands of rounds fired through 9MM, 40 S&W, 45ACP and 1000 or less 357Sig and 10mm.

MagPul, so far so good. Still under 1K. G19 and G26 only. I love the looks and ergonomics of the G26 Magpul mag.

Korean, total POS. Worst Ever - Stay Away.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadslinger585 View Post
    My magpul mags for my G19 have been excellent except in 1 case: steel cased ammo

As I recall they work fine, but loading them was tricky and the rounds rattled. Using brass case has been flawless.
    They rattle in my 24rd factory mags, also.

IMO, the Magpul mags are fine for training (I usually shoot brass). I’ll only use factory mags for carry or matches, though. They have completely different design. I do use a few Pierce (G26,G23) and Vickers (G42, G43) extensions, and they seem fine.

I feel the same way about mags with my Berettas, because the followers are subtly different, which sometimes causes failures to lock back with certain mag types/brands.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Magpul magazines have worked well in my 19’s and 26. No issues with brass cased ammo.

Feedback Score
    Frankly, I find decent prices for Glock OEM magazines leaving me unmotivated to purchase anything else. If I had to try something different I would probably go for Magpul Pmags based on they're products reputation

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcore View Post
    Frankly, I find decent prices for Glock OEM magazines leaving me unmotivated to purchase anything else. If I had to try something different I would probably go for Magpul Pmags based on they're products reputation
    Pretty much this.

I had two well used magpul g17 Mags. They looked normal but the lips would spread and when you fired in twos or burst, they would not feed properly and jam the gun. I noticed while loading the bullets tended to point up higher them normal. I got these Mags with my maxim 9 I did not source them. I feel like glock Mags are cheap enough I don't need to save money on something I want to carry. I don't have stockpiles of Mags but I do have plenty.

Feedback Score
    Magpul is the closest to OEM quality, I've never had issues with any of mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Magpul. My experience mirrors others here, they're 100%, less so with steel case. Only problems I've ever had.

I'm doing my level best to wear out 2 17 rounders and a 21, as they are training mags. Hasn't happened yet, they're still 100%.

Frankly, I think the feed lips will wear away before anything else. I'cm beginning to see the very start of that on 2 of these, but so far ni effect on function.

This is in a variety of pistols.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have had nothing but good results with the 21 round and 15 round Magpul mags. They run great in my Glock 19 and AR pistol. The 27 round mags have weaker springs. Not as reliable
    Last edited by signal4l; 10-19-20 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Glock PMAGs are fine with brass ammo; with Steel Case they can easily start to induce malfunctions - basically there is more friction between the cases and the sides of the magazine, especially when dirty. To the point you can flick off the top round of ammo and count "1 potato, 2 potato" before the next round is in place - which of course causes failures to properly feed.

Magpul told me to clean the mags and then lightly lube them to get better feeding from steel cased ammo - Sorry, "Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat!".

I have relegated my Glock PMAGs to training fodder and sold off the majority of the extras I had in storage, because when I can get OEM Glock mags for around $18 (before the panic) to $21 (today), I don't see the need to save $5 per mag when they WILL cause issues with steel cased ammo.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast