Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had Taran Tactical do the Combat Master work up?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone had Taran Tactical do the Combat Master work up?

Specifically for the glock 19? I would love the STI version but the price point just isn't feasible. Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Why?

It’s a bunch of fancy slide serrations and drop in parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was contemplating getting one and I was wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of it and their experience with it

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think why is an important question. Do you intend to carry it? If so, in my opinion, and admittedly I don’t know you, the money would be better spent in training and practice ammo for a stock Glock. If you are a Grand Master or whatever, you would probably not be asking because you’d already have your pistol guru.

Just my thoughts, since you asked.

PS - if you are a hot chick that trains there then by all means get it and post pictures.
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 08-30-20 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    I think why is an important question. Do you intend to carry it? If so, in my opinion, and admittedly I don’t know you, the money would be better spent in training and practice ammo for a stock Glock. If you are a Grand Master or whatever, you would probably not be asking because you’d already have your pistol guru.

Just my thoughts, since you asked.

PS - if you are a hot chick that trains there then by all means get it and post pictures.
    Not a chick so sorry lol. We are issued Glocks at work and have for several years. I'm proficient in shooting it accurately. I was just looking for a lil enhancement, better trigger, something just a little different.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    99% of Glock “modifications” are just feel-good ways to spend money ricing up your Glock. Generally, for a duty pistol, you really don’t want to modify the trigger.

The only handy thing you can do to a Glock is plop on a WML and a good set of sights to include potentially an RMR.

Anything else is pointless unless you Just want a cyberpunk anime gun in which case get a Polymer 80 kit and rice like your wedding day.

Per Taran Tactical, sleaziness aside, I wouldn’t really use anything he sells except maybe,maybe, the mag extensions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    99% of Glock “modifications” are just feel-good ways to spend money ricing up your Glock. Generally, for a duty pistol, you really don’t want to modify the trigger.

The only handy thing you can do to a Glock is plop on a WML and a good set of sights to include potentially an RMR.

Anything else is pointless unless you Just want a cyberpunk anime gun in which case get a Polymer 80 kit and rice like your wedding day.

Per Taran Tactical, sleaziness aside, I wouldn’t really use anything he sells except maybe,maybe, the mag extensions.
    This particular glock that was issued (g45) the trigger feels gritty...I thought it might break in but this one still feels odd...works fine, no issues with accuracy. I would like to mill the slide for an RMR

Feedback Score
    I find it ridiculous that so many people think Glock modifications don't do anything. The grip changes are an easy way to get incremental improvements as a mid-tier shooter, whether it be the stippling, grip reduction, undercuts, etc. Now, whether or not the TT package is a good value is an entirely different story, but the at least some of the work itself clearly has merit (holes in the slide and aftermarket trigger not withstanding), even from a duty perspective (e.g., extra serrations can definitely help with faster manipulations by allowing you to work up front, which allows you to get your support hand back into a firing grip faster).
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You bring up a good point I wish to address:

I said 99% don’t do anything worthwhile. But the 1% is actually worthy. e.g. front serrations or sensible grip mods.

That said the Gen 5 covers a LOT of those bases as is. The one mod I have done to my personal guns is a minus connector, Glock OEM. It does make a difference to me.

I have been looking hard at the Overwatch and tried it, but am not 100% in on it yet.

I caution modding a duty gun only because some smart-ass lawyer will bring it up in court if you have to shoot someone.

But a Zevved up Glock with all kinds of aftermarket tomfoolery is just not where I wish to go.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You bring up a good point I wish to address:

I said 99% don’t do anything worthwhile. But the 1% is actually worthy. e.g. front serrations or sensible grip mods.

That said the Gen 5 covers a LOT of those bases as is. The one mod I have done to my personal guns is a minus connector, Glock OEM. It does make a difference to me.

I have been looking hard at the Overwatch and tried it, but am not 100% in on it yet.

I caution modding a duty gun only because some smart-ass lawyer will bring it up in court if you have to shoot someone.

But a Zevved up Glock with all kinds of aftermarket tomfoolery is just not where I wish to go.

YMMV
    appreciate the thoughts, the stippling is one of the things I am interested in, just because of the inclement weather here in Michigan makes it easier to grip when it gets sloppy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast