Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK Mags

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

AK Mags

I took my Arsenal AK47 out last Sunday. I kept having malfunctions with Magpul mags. I played with them some more and noticed that you can load the first round into the mag on the wrong side vs looking at the follower and correctly placing them.

Has anyone ever experienced this ( it takes a special kind person to do this I will quickly admit )? I am not positive this was what was happening, but will test my theory out next Sunday.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I have a WASR-10 which is my only AK and I never had any issues with the Magpul magazines. I have one MOE AK magazine and have 7 GEN3 ones. Other than being really tight I have not had any issues loading of firing all 30 rounds from them.

Since the Magpul magazines are really tight I have put them in and take them several times to they I can release them easier.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that man. Depending on the AK, any number of mags will or will not work. With my Arsenal 107 I have only used Bulgarian and Romanian steel ones and the uber expensive Circle 10s, they were all 100%... Are your Magpuls the new M3 ones?
    If you cannot fix it then CDNN has the Bulgarian steel mags at about $15 right now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think the issue was the nut behind the trigger, but I bought 4 Circle 10's arriving tomorrow. Just to be sure.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just avoid aftermarket mags on all firearms

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Probably a solid plan if you have the corn. Mags are so critical to function.

PB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    You do you.

223/5.56 Circle 10 mags are $45-50 at the moment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    You do you.

I will thank you very much!

Are they the ONLY factory mags? If so it kinda sucks but that's what happens when you get the one odd AK. I bet 223 Fin mags are also super expensive but that's what happens when you buy that rifle.

Either way, if you're just now buying your first AK and decided on the oddball one then you're either ok with having whatever it came with, ok with buying a few at a time or are ready to just suck it up and buy what you need now. BTW, what's a case of 223/556 going for now? Definitely not cheap
    Last edited by Arik; 06-12-20 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF?Shane View Post
    You do you.

That's what I spent. No problem if that's what it takes. Problem is I don't know how to load a fkn magpul AK mag, that's on me. Even though I think good AK mags would prevent that mishap.

PB

Feedback Score
    Dang, there are plenty of other reliable AK mag options beyond the circle 10's. If you want polymer, try these Bulgarian manufactured ones for $15 each.
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/bulgaria...-magazine.html

I've used them in multiple AK's and they've been 100% reliable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast