Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Uber reliable 762 AR

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    Got to take the MWS out for its initial sight in. Had a box of 155 gr Federal Steel Match to go through.

The good news is the gun is a laser. 1 moa groups without a bipod. The bad news is I had several malfunctions, including a double feed. So the gun may not like steel case, which is fine because they discontinued it anyway.

Going to get a big box of 175 RazorCore and re-zero before I try to stretch it out further.
    I don’t know that much about Federal Steel Match, but what magazine were you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Range has a bench that is a weird height so I was resting the rifle on the pmag and using a bag to support my forward hand while getting in position. Not ideal.

I’ll have a proper setup next time and take some 10 rounders out instead of the 20 that came in the box.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    I do feel like ArmaLite should not be overlooked. Their SuperSASS is about to hit gen 2, which I'd have been very interested if I felt I had the luxury of waiting. Goddamn election...
    Yea, I don't hear many problems reported with Genesio AR10's / DEF10's.

I think they recently moved to Arizona.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aside from KAC/LMT I only mess with Armalite.

My SR25 is so handy when hunting.

Look at an SR25 like a MacBook Pro or something. Yes, it is expensive but it lasts longer and it just works.

I mean $4k for a really good 308 rifle pays for itself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    I had the LMT MWS and like it but the weight was a consideration (hiking distance), so when I discovered the Colt 901 ( and it was a pound lighter) I began my search.
    The 901 is for sure a solid battle carbine, it has given repeatable 1 inch +/- groups at 100 yards.
    Since Covid-19 I do not shoot as much as I did, the Colt has been fired less than 200 rounds.
    I miss the barrel changing of the LMT, but the Colt 901 does perform.
    Some thing lighter would catch my attention, but functionality with lighter carbines is a consideration.

The 7.62 cartridge is not the best, but it does work in many different situations and it is available.
    The days of shooting at the range may be over.
    Well, I suppose there are better options out there these days, but the 7.62 has put a lot of people on the wrong side of the dirt. I think the ole girl still has a viable place to occupy, even these days.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Ventured into an Academy last night and checked out the ammo shelf. It was completely devoid of anything in 9mm. 5.56, or 308. Saw some limited 7.62x39.

There was plenty of 6.5 Creedmoor though. I am going to get a barrel ordered up, though I understand they’re back ordered til JUNE...

This really is an addiction. I’m so impressed I’m ordering a rifle length receiver set and building it a little brother.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789